X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imapotato
    Civilian
    • Feb 2006

Nice to be aboard

Great games last night...once I get Shockers tendencies down, he won't own me as much :)

I applied for Squad 1 and the Squadron

As for myself, I play very little games, I got SWBFII because my kids and I bond with Star Wars, and I found I was pretty good at SWBF.

We also have Lego Star Wars (so much fun) and I have MLB 2006, Madden and NCAA football

I am a 31 year old accountant for the federtal government (yes I could audit you! lol) and you will find I am the guy who will crack out the funny quips in the heat of battle...like the marine in Aliens

My one question is...when do we go against other clans? I have checked the site from top to bottom and really do not see anything planned to go against any others.

I know many other clan members (many tried to recruit me, but not as effectively and as easily as DSA) so I could say something to them if you'd like?

BEWARE THE DARK FRIED SIDE OF THE HASH BROWN
  • Kerry2
    Imperial Advisor

First let me just say welcome and thank you for applying for squad 1. We always welcome skillfull players such as yourself to fight along side of us.

As for the clan battles. I think right now there everyone is still in a transition period with battle front 2. The new server software still has some bugs that need worked out but I think I remember Ratix saying something about working on a clan match sometime in the near future.

I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade. It may be he shall take my hand and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, it may be I shall pass him still. I have a rendezvous with Death, on some scarred slope of battered hill. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Welcome aboard potato. Always good to have new, mature clanmates who enjoy fun gaming.

As for clan battles, we are always open to playing anybody. However, we have found that there have been big differences in how DSA views the game vs how some of the other clans view it. Since this is battlefront and not socom, we have long held the belief that this game was intended to be played with multiple players playing alongside multiple AI. AI are indeed annoying (when they kill you or when they do something completely assinine), however, they serve a great function in evening out the effectiveness of certain classes in 1v1 situations. 8v8 clan matches with no AI are essentially a game of CP tag where getting the first kill could determine victory. With AI at a reasonable level, no one person can win the game by rocket whoring. Instead, chaos on the battlefront ensues and teamwork is instrumental in gaining CPs.

Prior attempts (especially in the swbf1)to schedule battles resulted in terms that were suboptimal to our view of the game. Either people don't want to play with AI or they want the AI on medium (not hard). The indignity of getting killed by AI is a complaint by many. However, we view AI as necessary speed bumps to CP capture that really force squads to work together. I can go into the history and evolution of this discussion that has been held with many of the other clans in the past at some other point if you would like. We don't mean to denigrate other people's views, we just believe the game was designed to be played a bit more hellaciously.

The clan that was responsible for putting together the only ladder in SWBF holds a different view on playing the game than we do. As a result, while clans can negotiate whatever terms they want, the default terms (if no agreement is reached) were terms under which we didn't want to play. As such, DSA has not participated in that ladder. That being said, we are always open to friendly matches with other clans with more reasonable terms for compromise.

I think the only thing really holding us back now is that the server software is too unstable for a clan match. If a server crashes in match as often as this software tends to, match results are too often in dispute. It is a nightmare waiting to happen for those who take the results of such matches seriously (and lots of people take them VERY seriously). I think until we have a better sense of the stability, we are unlikely to do unfriendly matches--but we are certainly always open to friendly gaming. There are plenty of good clans out there--with very good players. However, if people use matches to determine a clan's superiority, than differences in philosophy regarding the game can be problematic.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎