X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLATLINE
    Civilian
    • Dec 2006

Im looking for credit.

Hi everyone. Here I am just another Noob. So heres the deal. Ive been playing Battlefront II since it came out. Im ok I guess. I can hold my own when im interested enough in the game. Which usually happens when theres quality players in the room. I dont play for stats although I will check now and again just as a reference. I play to win. Im the kind of player whos great in supporting roles. I mainly use a Storm Trooper or a Engineer. Not into fireing Bazookas at people. Dont worry I wont cry about it when others do. Ill adapt and then Ill get ya. So anyways Ive been playing for awhile now and just found out I can run my own server on a PC. Regarding my Subject line im looking for some kind of credit for figureing this all out on my own without posting like an annoying noob although I should say you guys from what ive read in the Forums are very nice and helpfull. Congrats to You!!!! Its good to see people help people for games like this becuase The manufacturer of the game only gives limited help. Again about the credit..........Im kidding of course but a pat on the back would be nice LOL. I do have some questions but ill post them in the appropriate spot. So people.........anything a nooob like me needs to know?? Im sure you all have your pet peeves and stuff let me know whats the deal??? Thanks for reading.
    Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!
  • MajinTony
    Honorary DSA
    • Aug 2005

No way, we are not here to call people noobs. The DSA is here to help other people. If you have any ?'s, big or small, someone will help. Nice to meet you and hopefully we can play together sometime. Enjoy the site.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• FLATLINE
      Civilian
      • Dec 2006

Thanks I hope sometime I get to play with you too. It would be nice to finally get a proper game with co-operation from team mates.

Comment

• Mace
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

Flatline,

Good to meet you. Couple three things.

1) Familiarize yourself with our code of conduct and live by it. Not just in SWBF2 but any other games you might play as well. SOCOM, GOW, whatever. Just know that DSA is about mature players who like to play together as a team, no points, stats, or ranks (except for organizational and chain of command purposes), just a tight team and we don't tear ass all over different servers glitching, TK'ing, and otherwise acting like a bunch of chipmunk idiots. If you like that sort of thing, this is not the clan for you. Period.

2) There's a ton of old interesting posts floating around on the DSA website and you're welcome to read whatever, whereever. One pet peeve is to not kick start an old post unless there's a truly valid reason for doing it. Hint: Truly valid reason does not mean, "hey, this is Flatline and I found this post of interest. . . even though no one has posted about it in 6 months". :) Personal pet peeve of mine and I think other folks would agree.

3) I'm sure you're quite competent at your gameplay, computer skills, etc. but the best advice I can give you if you intend to try out is to listen to those of higher rank and do your very best to follow their lead. Too many stormtroopers have been removed from the provisional ranks b/c they brought a little too much ego and not enough of their listening skills to the game. If you do the same, don't be surprised if you get the boot.

Anyway, I'm not trying to paint a gloom and doom picture of the DSA but we have rules to follow and more qualifications for getting in than just a) having a pulse and b) having a game console. Believe me when I say I totally dig this clan and find that I prefer playing with mature, respectful players and would choose not playing at all over playing without these guys. I mean that, DSA bros!

Respectfully,

Mace

Comment

• Deslock
          Darth Beratter

Looking for "credit..?"

Erm....

LOL!! really, just kidding...

sigpic

Comment

• FLATLINE
            Civilian
            • Dec 2006

Thanks Mace. Yeah I wont be a problem. All I wanna do is play some clean games. Its more fun that way. I wasnt really looking to join a Clan I kinda like being Freelance. Id like to make a donation. Its only right since Ive been on your servers. So once work picks back up Ill be doing that. But ill be around in the meantime and if someone sees fit for me to join the ranks im sure I wont turn it down. So ok enough writing. Its time to blow some stuff up. Online of course. :D

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎