X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xMaDx
    Civilian
    • Feb 2007

What's Up Guys!!

Well, I haven't posted here yet, so I will now. I am xMaDx aka Pengy5 in XBL. I am a new DSA recruit who has been put through the torturous paces in Gears by DSA members and have successfully attained the rank of recruit. I am glad to be here and hope to contribute to the clan and to the site.

Thanks
    xMaDx
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

Hey Pengy. Welcome to the site. Look forward to playing with you some more. What games are you on for the 360?
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• xMaDx
      Civilian
      • Feb 2007

Currently, I have Gears and GRAW2 (just got today)... Rainbow Six Vegas is on its way. I hear you are pushing for a division in Vegas... Let me know. I am definitely in once I get the game.

Comment

• Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

Not necessarily a division...but just more DSA to play the game. I am playing in a ladder with some other guys outside of the clan who are cool, chill guys because I don't have enough DSA to play with. For a while Tripp and Sig were on all the time as was Cpl Moser...but with so many other games that people are playing, I think another division might be too dilutive. That being said, I hardly play Gears at all except for practices and if I have a choice on any game to play at any point in time, it is RB6.

I think it is the most fun game on the 360 right now. Not as graphically strong as GRAW2 or GoW, but a better multiplayer than Gears and more immersive than GRAW2. All are very different games, but most of the guys who have played RB6 more than a couple of times will agree that it is really outstanding. I like the other games too, but I find Gears gets too repetitive and the hit recognition is too frustrating. GRAW2 is pretty awesome, but I am a fan of close to medium quarters combat--which is where RB6 excels while GRAW2 allows for more wideopen combat. Also GRAW2's grenade mechanics are a bit frustrating, while RB6 they are second nature for SWBF players.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• xMaDx
          Civilian
          • Feb 2007

I am a big fan of wide open combat. Unlike you, I prefer open battles to close combat. I like to hang back and assess the situation before sending troops in. I also like sniping, although I have not gotten the hang of it yet in GoW. I haven't played GRAW2 yet, but I hope it has some of what I'm looking for. And I definitely can't wait for Vegas.

Comment

• TriPP
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

graw 2 is the best sniping game of the 3 games mentioned.
            Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

Yeah, GRAW2 is an excellent sniping game. I just don't like sniping. You will enjoy GRAW2 a lot once you get the hang of it.

GoW sniping is an absolutely necessary skill (I suck at it, as I do with all special weapons), but I would hardly call it a sniping game. However, once the snipers are introduced, the game changes complexion a lot. But due to the massive tracer fire, one shot, and everyone knows where you are.

RB6 has sniper rifles and some of the maps are okay for it (especially the new maps), but generally speaking you are better off using a scope on an assault rifle and going single shot so that you aren't left with a pistol in close quarters. Since players can wear armor in that game and also heal (like in Gears), you must get the head shot before their submachine gun tears you up if you are stuck with a pistol. Master Ian also went GRAW2 because of the sniping aspect, but he also just got RB6 and said that he has been loving it.

Both of them have GREAT coop modes. Gears is the best Coop story out there, but the the other coop options in GRAW2 and RB6 are great.

Comment

• CHRIST
                Civilian

and its cool cuz he has ratix whipped

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• norm
                  Imperial Guard
                  • Jun 2006
                  • DSA norm

Ratix whipped? That'll be the day..lol

Glad to see you on here. I'll make sure you get access to the Gears Forum and the GRAW2 forum. I hope we didn't make the tryouts too hard on you guys..lol

GRAW is fun because I like to snipe. I like sitting back and waiting on people, which is funny because 9 times out of 10 I'm the Leeroy Jenkins moron charging into battle...lol

I really like Gears just for the whole basic teamwork function of that game. Staying together and communication are keys in that game.

I'm hoping this game called Frontlines Fuel of War will take the place of Star Wars Battlefront 2 for me. I love SWBF2 because I think it has more teamwork required then GRAW does and the general fun of the game with winning a map by capturing CP's or wiping out the opposing team's reenforcement count. I am hoping that Frontlines will help fill that void.

If you like Co-op I think the Army of Two game will be a fun pick-up. I'm looking forward to that game's release and playing with the guys here.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎