Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

DSA Website 3.0

As you have probably already noticed, The DSA site has had some changes. We have switched over to VBulletin from PHPNuke. With this comes a lot of new features and options. A few notable changes are:
    • Shoutbox updates in real time (like an IM client)
    • Buddy list to add your friends
    • Send Private Messages to multiple recipients
    • Email Notification for New Private Messages
    • Much Much More

A lot of changes are still underway, if you do not see content that was on the old version website, please be patient as we are updating and transferring the data as fast we can.

Unfortunately we were unable to import the Avatars from the old forums. Please take a moment to set your avatar and look over your User Control Panel to change any of your other settings to your liking.

If you notice any errors, please report them here or in the Tech Forums. If you have questions on how something works, please ask in the Tech Forum and someone will be willing to assist. I also suggest reading through the FAQ

*Special Thanks to TJ2K7 and Norm for their tireless efforts in helping to get the new site up and running
    Last edited by RaTix; 06-25-2007, 02:25 PM.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
  • Reaver
    Imperial Advisor

This IS sweet!!!!!!

" I need a beer "

Comment

• AndyPants
      Civilian
      • Oct 2004
      • Pants9000

Great job on the seemingly smooth transition (I say seemingly because I'm sure it wasn't).

This forum works much better than the previous version (showing forums with new posts correctly, how many users browsing the forum, etc. ).

Thumbs up to all who made this happen.

Comment

• SG-17
        Civilian
        • Apr 2007

vBulletin is the best forum software out there, too bad it isnt free, could you set it so we dont have to click on the quick reply button to activate to form?
        Nice job though.
        Formerly played with <?>, {SOR}, {LOE}, -MERC-, and {JSA}. Now a member of {SoF}.

Come visit the new and improved ! We will be hosting clan matches for the new game on PS4, XB1, and PC.

Comment

• Gino
          Civilian
          • Mar 2007
          • Gino31B

Is there anyway we can view the accurate time and day of actual post? Or is that something us as individuals have to change?
          sigpic

Comment

• AndyPants
            Civilian
            • Oct 2004
            • Pants9000

Gino, to have appropriate times displayed you need to set you GMT offset (i.e. -8hrs Pacific, -5hrs Eastern, etc).

This is done in your forum/site profile. Click User CP and select edit options on the left. Part way down will be date and time settings.

Comment

• Gino
              Civilian
              • Mar 2007
              • Gino31B

Thanks Andy, much better.

The other thing that I liked about the last web page was the ability to view the members by, join date, rank, or alphabetical. Is there the ability to change the query to give you that option?
              sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                Emperor

On the very Bottom Right corner you will see a link for "View Forum Leaders". This will show the members of each group. It's not as robust as the old memberlist, but it will do for now.
                "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
                ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• THeDRiZZLe
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Nov 2005

I think my IT department already got the new site blocked. I lost access again the other day, blocked by websense! Damn Nazis! lol

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎