Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muncher
    Lieutenant

PS3 system update failure

The reason I haven't been on the PS3 lately is because I keep getting an error while trying to download the new update. 3.15
    My NAT type is 2, which is open, then went blank after I added the ports.

Here are all the ports I opened
    TCP: 80,443,5223
    UDP:5223, 3478,3479, 3658

UPnP is enabled
    prox : not in use
    MTU is availible

I have tried everything short of throwing it out the window. Any help would be awesome.

The crazy thing is I can play on the XBOX with NAT strict, until my DVD drive shit on me. What a terrible start to the weekend.
    We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Did you try leaving the IP Address as DHCP, but hardsetting your DNS to any of the followinG:

sigpic

Comment

• Muncher
      Lieutenant

I tried DNS primary 66.75.164.90, what is the DHCP?
      We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

DHCP is the same as "Obtain Automatically"... you can do this and still "specify a DNS server"
        sigpic

Comment

• Muncher
          Lieutenant

OK for the DHCP I click do not set
          I entered those IP addresses, so I can connect to the internet. It failed to connect to the playstation network.

I also, downloaded the update via USB drive, but that wont help my connection.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

Now mind you, I don't know if this information is true, it is only something I've been told. Due my own personal situation with Sony, and their "beloved" updates.

I've been told that part of the problems with these updates bricking machines is from the online versions you can download from the net. That if you call Sony and let them know, they can send you a disc with the hard copy on it, that you can run and install it from your own drive, rather than the corrupted versions on the net. That this new disc with the updates installed on them will not brick your machine.

As I said before, I do not know if this is true. But if all else fails, it might be worth a try.

sigpic

Comment

• norm
              Imperial Guard
              • Jun 2006
              • DSA norm

All right Muncher here is what to try

Make sure your 360 and PS3 have static IP's

Once you've done that go into your router and make sure you have these ports opened on your router.

UDP 3074...IP Address 10.0.0.135 (for example)
              UPD 88
              TCP 3074

For the PS3 have these ports open
              TCP: 80, 443, 5223
              UDP:3478-3479, 3658

Remember to assign them to your static IP addresses that you gave the 360 and the PS3.

If you go this method make sure you turn UPnP off.

Here is what you could also try and is what works for me. I let UPnP open the ports for me. So if you have any ports forwarded clear them out. If you go this route try it two different ways. Set the 360 and PS3 to find the IP automatically. See how that works. Next try it with setting the IP Manually and letting the 360 and PS3 find the rest. See how that works for you.

Things to make sure you do. If you forward ports after you apply the changes restart your router. If you go with UPnP, restart your router..lol

According to Netgear you should have this firmware version installed 4.2.11. It may have something to do with it and it may not.

Sometimes when you get into something like this it's best to take the simple approach, start from fresh and reset things back up again from scratch. Which in your case would be to let UPnP handle the port forwarding. If that didn't work move to the more advanced stuff of the setting a static IP and UPnP, then trying no UPnP and set the ports to forward themselves.

Also if you go the UPnP route make sure you go through the set up feature for your PS3 and enable UPnP there too. If not you may want to disable it there.

I hope that helps Muncher, let me know if any of that worked or if it was all crap. Also let me know how the drive replacement went for the 360.

Comment

• Muncher
                Lieutenant

I used your first option and turned off UPnP and added the ports to the ps3. I played a round of SOCOM and it is working great. So thank you. The NAT went to type 3(closed), but it's working.

I will be on the PS3 mostly, until my xbox is fixed.
                Last edited by Muncher; 02-19-2010, 02:27 PM.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• norm
                  Imperial Guard
                  • Jun 2006
                  • DSA norm

Good deal Muncher, I'm glad it worked, somewhat..lol :D:D

Try the second option of clearing out all the port forwards and letting the UPnP handle everything. You might do better than a 3. If it doesn't work you can go back to manually forwarding the ports.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎