• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordCompulon
    Imperial Advisor
    • Feb 2005
    • DSA Comp

Lucasarts

I don't know if you guys have heard of the compound that Lucasfilm has developed here in San Francisco, but its an amazing place. They leased some old buildings in the Presidio, which is an old miltary base turned-park right near the Golden Gate bridge and the Palace of Fine Arts. Its some of the highest-valued land around here, surrounded by city, but secluded by cypress groves, and right next to the ocean with cliffs and bluffs. Here's a link to an article with Photos:

Its fukin beautiful over there, and with Lucas' mega coffers of private capital they are in the process of installing ridiculous new high tech systems for their operations.

Lucasarts just signed a 3-year contract with HP for 1000 super-high-end workstations and its own datacenter...to develop GAMES!

Here is an article about that:

I still haven't been over there, but its just across town from me. I gots to check it out sometime.

Compulon
    Destroy Everything

sigpic
  • kas
    Civilian
    • Apr 2005

Of course I've been to that area Compulon and YES it's very beautiful. If only I could afford to live in SanFrancisco...

This is very intersting to me :p Thanks for sharing!

Kas

Comment

• GnrlHerpes
      Civilian
      • Jan 2005

loving the yoda fountain...lol
      ALL THE YR DOING IS LOUNGING AROUND!!! lol

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀