X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmhc74
    Honorary DSA
    • Dec 2007

mp4 to mp3 converter

I need help guys. Just bought my son a mp3 player and all of my songs are on itunes and they are mp4. Tried downloading some free software to convert but the one that seemed good would only convert 60% of each song......freaking bastards want you to buy the full version...so they why label it free. I tried downloading a couple more free mp4 to mp3 converters and they were junk.

Just wondering if any of you guys know of a good one to download.

Thanks
    sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville
  • cmj75
    • Oct 2008

Did u try zamzar

Comment

• MajinTony
      Honorary DSA
      • Aug 2005

I thought mp4 was a video format....

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• cmj75
        • Oct 2008

Yeah isn't iTunes songs in mp3 format

Comment

• jmhc74
          Honorary DSA
          • Dec 2007

my audio files on itune is a mp4....so it will not work on my kids mp3

I found a decent free one but the damn thing doesn't transer over the artist and album info. So all it transfers over is the song name!!! The one I downloaded yesterday did all of this but again it only transfered 60% of the song....fucking greedy bastards
          sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• APAT
            Honorary DSA
            • Mar 2010

Here's the link for the one I have. Its 20 bucks. Very simple program that's easy to use.

http://www.mp4-mp3.net/

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
            "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• drg0012
              Civilian
              • Dec 2009

a simple, free solution would be to burn the songs to a disc and then rip the disc using windows media player or your preferred media player onto your computer into the mp3 format. It could be a lengthy process depending on how many songs you have.

I don't know of any freeware converters.
              sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
                Honorary DSA
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cmj75
                Yeah isn't iTunes songs in mp3 format
                when i look at the file via windows explorer it has the following:

MPEG-4 audio

Maybe I getting confused but it won't work on my kids mp3 unless I use mp4 to mp3 converter
                sigpic

Comment

• APAT
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Mar 2010

@ drg I like the new sig man. Nice work Boss!

@Jim You're right you have to convert them. Ran into this problem too. Did what drg suggested for a while but got sick of all the burning and waiting.
                  Last edited by APAT; 12-18-2010, 10:45 AM.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• jmhc74
                    Honorary DSA
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by drg0012
                    a simple, free solution would be to burn the songs to a disc and then rip the disc using windows media player or your preferred media player onto your computer into the mp3 format. It could be a lengthy process depending on how many songs you have.

I don't know of any freeware converters.
                    I thought about that but damn that would take forever...my kid has an 8gb player...

What also pisses me off is that certain albums/songs won't let me copy over. They are sortof hidden....must be some type of security. Some of them are Itunes songs that I downloaded (but not all) and some of them are a cd that I uploaded. Sort of annoying.
                    sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by APAT
                      @ drg I like the new sig man. Nice work Boss!

@Jim You're right you have to convert them. Ran into this problem too. Did what drg suggested for a while but got sick of all the burning and waiting.
                      i'm using the "switch sound file converter"...and it works really good BUT it doesn't pass teh artist and album information with the associated song.

Hey it's my kid..he will take what I will give him.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MajinTony
                        Honorary DSA
                        • Aug 2005

You could rip anything on CD to your PS3 and then easily transfer to said mp3, but that doesn't help getting the itunes song.

Just by the kid a walkman and some cassette tapes:p

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• norm
                          Imperial Guard
                          • Jun 2006
                          • DSA norm

Comment

• APAT
                            Honorary DSA
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by norm
                            All hail norm! I can't believe I missed that. Nice find man

Comment

• jmhc74
                              Honorary DSA
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by norm

This is what I love about this clan!!!!!

This totally works for me......THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!

Norm, I promise to be extra careful around you when we are playing Socom. ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎