X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reaper316
    Honorary DSA
    • Nov 2009

Router/How do I change my NAT to Open?

I'm not really sure how to do this. I've been told it's not very difficult and won't take long to do. I have asked a few questions about it and people have told me I have to go into my router settings. Once there I'm not really sure which one's I need to change. If it helps I have a Linksys Range Plus router model is WRT110.

I have never really experienced any troubles with this on my PS3 as it lets you change the NAT type on the PS3's features. My trouble is with my Xbox 360 on Black Ops it tells my I have a Moderate NAT type, which apparently limits my ability to find matches and may cause lag in games I am in.

Any help fixing this would be great and very much appreciated, thanks!
    sigpic
  • RaTix
    Emperor

[ame="http://www.darksidealliance.com/showthread.php?t=26118"]Firewall Ports needed for Xbox Live - Dark Side Alliance[/ame]

You have to first assign your 360 a Static IP. On the 360 go to the settings and network config section. Select Manual for IP and DNS.

Set IP to (if using default linksys IP pools) 192.168.1.200.
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 (The address of the router itself, the same IP you use to access it's web interface)

DNS1: 192.168.1.1 (Same as default gateway)
    DNS2: You can leave blank.

In the router page, look for the Port Forwarding section. It will ask for port range, just do each port as it's own range. 3074 - 3074 BOTH (upd/tcp), 88 - 88 UDP.
    Set the IP for both to the static IP you assigned the 360. (192.168.1.200)
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• APAT
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2010

Will this actually make a difference in lag? I'm using a PS3 and really haven't messed with the settings since it has always worked. I'd like to go wired but unfortunately that wont work in my apartment right now.

p.s. If Jim reads RaTix's post his head may explode.....lol

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Reaper316
        Honorary DSA
        • Nov 2009

Thanks for the help Ratix, I'll try setting it up tomarrow morning after I get home from work.
        Last edited by Reaper316; 02-22-2011, 08:48 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Reaper316
          Honorary DSA
          • Nov 2009

Just one more thing, to any that may know...will I have to also make a static IP address for my PS3?
          sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
            Emperor

Those ports are just for the 360. I dunno if it's necessary to do the same thing with the PS3. If for whatever reason it is, it would be similar. Except you would assign a different IP to the PS3, and whatever ports it requires to that IP address instead.

Personally, I like to assign all devices on my network a static IP. That way I know exactly what each device is that is connected to the network. But it is not necessary, just my personal preference.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
            ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Reaper316
              Honorary DSA
              • Nov 2009

Okay, I changed my modem and now I have to configure my 360 again. Can someone help with the numbers I need, like my IP address and whatever else I need to change on my manual settings.

My new modem/router is a 2WIRE Gateway if that helps.

EDIT: I opened the ports on my new modem/router for my 360. However I couldnt figure out what numbers to put in for the manual set up. I did automatic connection and my NAT type says it is open. Is that normal? Or should I not question it and be thankful I got it working?
              Last edited by Reaper316; 03-12-2011, 08:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                Emperor

I opened the ports on my new modem/router for my 360. However I couldnt figure out what numbers to put in for the manual set up.
                How did you open the ports? It should have asked for port number, as well as IP to forward too. Which should be the IP you assign the 360. Then in the 360 network settings, you assign that Static IP. Use the router IP as the default gateway.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• nd32479
                  Imperial Advisor
                  • Aug 2009

Hmmm....I switched out the IP and DNS settings on the XBOX. I thought the xbox would have something for the "router" as well. But I think I just figured out I need to actually change that in MY ROUTER itself. Is this correct? (PS. I tested the connection and it is giving me a message about my NAT is moderate)

I really hope I don't have to do anything to my actual router, because that means I have to get my wife involved as she set up our router...and then that means 100 questions on why...etc, etc. And if anything goes wrong with the internet...it will all be because I did something to the router.

Any other way around going to the wife? I have NO idea how to change any of the router stuff!

In the mean time I think I am going to just return setting back to factory settings as I was able to game...May not be able to join the DSA in games but we will see.
                  ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
                  The innumerable caravan, which moves
                  To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
                  His chamber in the silent halls of death,
                  Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
                  Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
                  By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
                  Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
                  About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• norm
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Jun 2006
                    • DSA norm

ND I would set your xbox to dynamic for the meantime.

As far as what you need to do with your router, we would need to know what make/model your router is.

What a moderate connection does for the 360 is makes it a little harder to get into public rooms. You should be able to join us fine.

Comment

• Reaper316
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Nov 2009

ND, I suggest getting into a party chat with Norm or RaTix and they can walk you through it easily. I thought it would be difficult as well but once you see where you need to put in the port number for the 360 it's easy.

Trust me, I'm not a computer guy either but the above instructions solved my problem.
                      sigpic

Comment

• norm
                        Imperial Guard
                        • Jun 2006
                        • DSA norm

His was set to open so no worries for ND..lol

Comment

• raquel55x
                          Civilian
                          • Mar 2011
                          • none

on my pc i want to change my ip adress online to usa does any one know how to do it for windows vista i tryed the old cmd thing but dint work helpp please
                          A winner is a person that fights to the end not the person that gives up half way through the game ...

Comment

• RaTix
                            Emperor

Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to accomplish. What are you trying to do? Change your LAN IP?

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• raquel55x
                              Civilian
                              • Mar 2011
                              • none

i cant enter a site because its usa restricted and i want to change my ip adress to be able to enter it does that make sense ?
                              A winner is a person that fights to the end not the person that gives up half way through the game ...

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎