X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dioxin
    Honorary DSA

Tether xbox to comp for internet?

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd be back online tonight, but hit a snag. I left my damn xbox power supply at home. Assuming I can pick up another locally (on a 3 week trip), I need to figure out a way to get internet.

There's internet at my hotel, which has better upload speeds than at home. I do not have a wireless network adapter for my xbox and really don't want to drop $50 on one (considering that's the price of a game). I've read that you can plug your computer into the xbox via ethernet cable and bridge a connection. Anyone actually try this? I really doubt I'll have an open connection, but it's better than nothing.

I'm just thinking of anything I can do to get back online with you fools. I'm back on day shift with most evenings off. Well, if I can't do it at this hotel, I'll be back online in about 2.5 weeks.
    "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.
  • RaTix
    Emperor

It's possible, but I think you need a crossover cable (like an ethernet cable, but some wires are crossed).

Ok maybe not..

"POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Dioxin
      Honorary DSA

Really good info in that link! Very specific. Thanks Ratix.

Now I need a stupid power brick. No one makes them retail anymore and my local gamestops are selling them the same day they come in... I am so tempted to go out and get a ps3, but there are so many unfinished xbox games waiting...

Comment

• Dioxin
        Honorary DSA

F- it. I just picked up a PS3 and solved all that non-sense. I guess no one currently makes a power brick for xbox and I really didn't want to have one shipped to a hotel. When gamezone would get one in, they would have it for less than 24h.

Oh well. Internet problem solved.

Comment

• APAT
          Honorary DSA
          • Mar 2010

No more power bricks to worry about now ;)
          Last edited by norm; 03-05-2011, 02:24 AM. Reason: all new 360s come with a built in wireless adaptor

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎