X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hecx2370
    Civilian
    • May 2012

PS3, Headphones and Surround Sound

So some time ago I setup my new Panasonic receiver for TV, FIOS box, PS3, etc. All was working well until I went to use my Turtle Beach PX3 headphones. Seems the settings needed to output the audio to the headphone doesn't play nice with the receivers surround sound. This made the Dolby Digital sound output completely useless. I was highly disappointed, especially since I like using chat. Long story short I ended up buying the Sony PS3 headphones, nice, but the sound it not comparable to the PX3's. Anyone have these types of issues or similar situation?

Also is there a mic one can buy just for chatting while listening to the surround sound? I would think not since the sound output would probably create feedback with the mic, but figured I'd ask. ...hecx
  • JDEZ09
    Honorary DSA
    • Jul 2009

You should be able to use the headphones as a mic only audio device. That way you can clearly hear the squadmates and have the immersion from the surround sound.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• JDEZ09
      Honorary DSA
      • Jul 2009

I use the bose ps3 blutooth headset sometimes for chat while my surround is on blast bass up.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• hecx2370
        Civilian
        • May 2012

The only thing with that is the PX3's cover the ears. I had purchased the Sony bluetooth wireless mic, but that didn't work to well either. The ear piece was too large for my ears and kept falling off. I'm gonna try the set I use with my phone, see how that turns out.

Comment

• APAT
          Honorary DSA
          • Mar 2010

You should be able to make the PX3s work by:

1) Run the HDMI cable from the ps3 to your TV set.
          2) Then run the optical digital out cable from the TV to the surround sound.
          3) Then run a optical digital cable from the PS3 to your headset's control box.

You will have to change your audio outputs on the PS3 depending on what device you want the sound to play out of but this way you can have your cake and eat it too.

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• hecx2370
            Civilian
            • May 2012

I'll give that a try one of these weekends. I have a gazillion wires back there.

Thanks!

Comment

• nd32479
              Imperial Advisor
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by APAT
              You should be able to make the PX3s work by:

1) Run the HDMI cable from the ps3 to your TV set.
              2) Then run the optical digital out cable from the TV to the surround sound.
              3) Then run a optical digital cable from the PS3 to your headset's control box.

You will have to change your audio outputs on the PS3 depending on what device you want the sound to play out of but this way you can have your cake and eat it too.
              A few of us have surround sound and the Turle Beaches. Do what APAT said and you can go with head set only, surround sound only or a combination.

When going with Surround Sound only, just about any bluetooth will work. Just go with what fits your ear best. The louder you turn up your Surround Sound the lower you have to set your input and turn up your output on the Bluetooth in your PS3>Accessory Settings. Otherwise, you could be passing along feedback through your mic and not hear your teammates.
              ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
              The innumerable caravan, which moves
              To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
              His chamber in the silent halls of death,
              Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
              Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
              By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
              Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
              About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍