X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hecx2370
    Civilian
    • May 2012

HDMI Device Control

I'm trying to figure out why my receiver sometimes doesn't turn on when I turn on my PS3. I recently took everything apart and had to reconnect for my new tv stand. I have a Sony TV, a Pioneer VSX-1021-K receiver and my PS3 slim. I recently found out that HDMI devices look at a file to determine the capabilities of other devices and that this is how they know what each can do. I haven't performed any firmware updates recently so nothing changed there. My receiver is HDMI 1.4a. HDMI control is enabled on all three. Also the PS3 will always turn the TV on. The TV is connected to my receiver, so it does send the signal through the receiver ... I"m stumped on this one and the thing is that it's now working for a couple of days. Strange how it's intermittent. Hit me up with any suggestions. Thanks!!!
  • FunkyFaulc
    Civilian
    • Mar 2009

I thought the HDMI control only worked if you had all Sony devices (or rather... the Bravia Sync).

"Are you questioning my Bad-Assness? Have you seen my guns?"

Comment

• l2ickeh
      Civilian
      • Nov 2012
      • l2ickeh

Originally posted by FunkyFaulc
      I thought the HDMI control only worked if you had all Sony devices (or rather... the Bravia Sync).
      No, the control works for anything that connects for HDMI.

Hexc, unfortunately as our devices and systems get smarter, they also become more fickle. There are a few things you can try, one may work or none. Turn off the control on all devices, then turn off each device, then turn on each device, turn the control back on, turn off each device and test.

If it's not too much of a hassle, reset the settings on your receiver and reconfigure it.

If it continues to work without doing anything, mark it off as a placebo type thing.
      sigpic

Comment

• hecx2370
        Civilian
        • May 2012

I'll try it when I get some time. Odd it didn't turn on this weekend, but was working before. I believe control should work across all versions of HDMI and audio return and Ethernet came in later version. Thanks

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎