Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Review: HDE® 360 To PS3 Controller Adapter

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SO06O6/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]Amazon.com: HDE® Xbox 360 To Playstation PS3 Controller Adapter: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

I wanted to find an adapter that would let me play on the PS3 with my 360 controller. I ordered this last week and figured for $15 bucks, it's worth a shot. I got it today and it does work, even the middle XBOX button works.

So I figured I would put it through the paces tonight at PS3 BF3 practice. I was happy to have it for the Air superiority maps. Made flying a lot more easier and familiar. Then on the first CTF map, I noticed something wasn't right. I kept trying to shot ppl, only to find myself swinging a knife instead. Or going to aim and throwing a nade.
    BF3 only has set static controller layouts you can choose from. And on the PS3 they have Aim/Fire mapped to L1/R1, whereas on the 360 it's the triggers, LT/RT. The adapter keeps the button layouts the same. So LT/RT are actually L2/R2. Ballz
    There's no option to change the Aim/Fire off of the R1/L1 buttons. You can switch em, and swap out the R2/L2 buttons, but not the main Aim and Fire buttons. So I was stuck trying to get used to a bastardized way of firing.

This issue might be limited to BF3 only, or any game that doesn't let you choose the aim/fire button layout. I still have to check Dust, but I don't think they implemented the controller layout options yet. They are there, but not changeable to anything.

Towards the end of the night I also noticed another issue. There is a very slight delay in the controls with the adapter. It's really negligible and took me all night to notice. But it's there.

I ended up going back to the PS3 controller at the end of the night just to compare. Still deciding on either sticking with the PS3 controller, or getting used to the backwards controls with the adapter.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
  • Light496
    Stormtrooper

I would try get used to the 360 adapter so like that once one control dies you can just switch to the other one while the dead one charges.
    sigpic

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

I have been having issues with my weapons not firing. So it may not be the controller.
      sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
        Emperor

Well with the 360 adapter I don't have to worry about the battery, it's wired. The wired 360 has like 6-7 ft, and the adapter is like another 3 ft. So no worries there.
        It's just trying to use the bumpers as fire instead of the triggers that throws me all off. Seriously for any game to not have fully configurable controls in this day and age is kind of ridiculous.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• nd32479
          Imperial Advisor
          • Aug 2009

Ratix,

Check this out. I have it and like it. For me, I can not use the PS3 control and I always push on the damn R3 in a middle of a gun fight and end up dropping prone. Then someone just shoots me. Pisses me off every time! With the xbox controller it does not happen as much so I searched for a way to customize my ps3 controller anyway I wanted it and ran across this. I still have yet to use it to program a custom PS3 buttom layout. But it is easy to just plug the adapter into a PS3 and then the XBOX controller.

You can even use it to convert keyboard cames to controllers and visa versa.

ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
          The innumerable caravan, which moves
          To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
          His chamber in the silent halls of death,
          Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
          Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
          By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
          Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
          About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
            Emperor

Yeah I knew about the Cronus adapter, but was looking for something cheaper then the $60 they ask for.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎