• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterPat
    Civilian
    • Nov 2005

Trying to get 2 PS2's online together

Anyone have an idea how I can do this?

I have a linksys router. I am able to get online with both at the same time and pass DNAS. However when we try to join the same game, one of them gets stuck the other one will join the game, but when you check the player list it gives the other PS2's user name.
    We can create a game with one of the consoles and the other person can join that, but that really limits what one can do. For a short time with BF1 we had it working, not sure how. Any help would be great.
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Does it show any errors when connecting. Mostly does it just keep one person at the waiting to join screen till it timeout and displays "unable to join session"?

Also is this connecting to player created, player dedicated server, or public (LucasArts) server.

I have noticed that some ppl had issues connecting to my server when I hosted it on my pc. But on our remote dedicated there are no issues. Least that with ppl connecting.

One thing you might wanna try is to manually set diff IP sub-pools to each of the PS2s. Have one set with 192.168.1.100, and the other as 192.168.2.100.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• MasterPat
      Civilian
      • Nov 2005

One person will join, the other will sit until he times out. I believe.

What we do is use one of the PS2's as a server which stinks 1-4 players max, but it's the only way we get in the same game. This works on the internet or as a lan.

We have a PC for a dedicated server, but until we both can connect it is useless. But I believe one of use could connect to that. Should be the same as when we use the PS2 server.

Comment

• RaTix
        Emperor

Cable or DSL connection?

It sounds like a port conflict somewhere. Both trying to connect on the same ports perhaps. Try to set the IPs manually on at least one of the PS2s.

Also try to DMZ your PCs IP in the router. Run the dedicated software and see if it alows you both to connect. Then try with the DMZ off and see if there's a difference. Still make sure that all the ports listed above are forwarded to the PC, DMZ'd or not. That will tell if there's any port conflicts in the equation.
        "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Reaver
          Imperial Advisor

i have a question what does LAN mean?
          " I need a beer "

Comment

• MasterPat
            Civilian
            • Nov 2005

LAN means Local Area Network. It's not actually on the internet.

Cable modem.

We've tried setting the IP's up as static, one and both, didn't work.
            Now if I go in and forward all of those ports, then put my PC as the DMZ, won't that over-ride all the ports I forwarded?
            I no nothing about networking, I may be talking out my a**, I've just been forced to learn some stuff to fix this problem. Eventually we'd like to have 3 or maybe even 4 PS2's in the same house.
            One thing I should mention is our ISP is only providing 1 IP address.

Comment

• MasterPat
              Civilian
              • Nov 2005

I'll tell you the equipment we have or have access to, to get this thing to work.

Cable Modem
              Linksys Router
              Linksys Hub

We've tried a couple of things. Modem to Hub to Router.
              Also tried Modem to Router to Hub... Modem to Router.... Modem to Hub. Some we had no success, other limited. The way we are doing it right now is Modem to Router with both consoles in the Router.

Comment

• CRABcrap
                Civilian
                • Oct 2005

Soul reaver (LAN)

A Local Area Network is sort of like split screen accept there is no split screen. Instead you and a bunch of other people are on separate TVs/computers so you have a full screen to work with while playing against other people in the same room/building. I have never been in a LAN party but i think there is less lag on LAN games.

sorry about your mic.
                Rifles, shotguns, and rockets are weapons of war,
                A few good men (& women), a fantastic strategic leader, and tacts are weapons of armies,
                with both combined there shall be victory!
                LET US SHOW'EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF!!!

Comment

• MasterPat
                  Civilian
                  • Nov 2005

LAN is ok if you have several friends over, and have the tv's and room for everyone to set up. There should be no lag on a LAN connection. We've done it a couple of times with 4 people. Fun, but not as good as being online. So we want to combine both worlds. Have 3 or 4 people together, yet out on the internet playing with more people. We once had 3 people in the same room on the internet playing SWB1, but something has happened or changed so we've had to start from scratch and haven't been able to get even 2 PS2's online together.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎