X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

SWBF2 Dedicated Server v1.07

**My post Copied from Lucas Arts Support forum**

I have been running the new software since Saturday 1-14-06. There are still quite a few issues that need to be resolved.

Assault maps cannot be set Higher then 15 points. In other words, Space assaults are 15 max instead of the old 180 setting. It appears the Assault Reinforcement multiplier doesn't work. You must run the Assaults as a batch file, using the old server commands to run properly. Be sure to change the battlefront2.exe to BattlefrontII.exe in your command line.

Servers STILL crash durring game. While it appeared at first that the Servers were more stable, They will still crash every so often. Granted they will automaticly restart, ServerDoc can accomplish the same task, It doesn't resolve the frustration factor or resolve issues for Clans to have accurate matches.

While you can change the Port the game runs on, The IP settings DO NOT work. I run a dedicated server with the ending IP pools of .26-.31 . I have set the IP in the shortcut Target as well as the Serverconfig file. No matter what I set it too, it will only run on .26 .

The new features, such as admin msg, improved booting, baning, warnings and the remote managemer are nice, but above all the crashes need to be looked into. I did notice that the game disk does not skip as much.
    Some other bugs and helpful tips I have to help you all out. If you plan on running more then one server, you need to create folders for each one in the SWBFII Dedicated Server/Settings directory. Copy each of the config files in the Settings Directory to each sub folder. You will have to Edit the Serverconfig file in each folder. Mainly just change the server name and game port you wish it run on. Most of this is explained in the user guide.
    Here is the Problem I ran into. Don't add any underscores to the folder names. Like mine were DSA, DSA_CTF, DSA_Space_CTF. Not sur eif this was the cause or not, still testing it out to see. But i beleive with the underscores, it will just read up to that point.
    My DSA GUI was controlling my DSA_CTF server as well and vise versa. So I would have 5 GUIs running but only 4 servers up. 2 linked to the same server.

If anyone needs help with setup, and since the server is "Not Supported by LucasArts" *rolls eyes*, Plz contact me on the DSA website. I will help out with what I know.
    Just Tested the servers again with the changed folder names. Had the same problem. The DSA_Space_Battles server runs through ServerDoc. I have Shut the space_battles serevr down to see if that was the cause.

To get the normal 180 points in Space Assaults, you have to runt he serevr through the NEW battlefrontII.exe , from the old one battlefront(2).exe file. The old commands work, ther is no documentaiton of the new command line options. I have used the ones in the Serverconfig file, but there are errors. Server Window would display command options as map name.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Ad

Collapse
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎