X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CRABcrap
    Civilian
    • Oct 2005

ventrilo

I asked about this on the shout box but i guess it was a bad idea...

My dad set up ventrilo on my pc because he said it was a hell of a lot better that TS (or team speak).

I know it is a bit late now that i am once again 150 miles or 2 hrs from my pc but i would still like to know how to set that up so i can talk to ppl!

oh and for some reason ppl like me as a sqaud leader on Battlefield 2 i think i was terrible last weekend. my sqaud was always full thourgh every map. :)

Flying on that game is still so-so even if u get used to it. JETS are the best! 8) i hate helicopters!
    Rifles, shotguns, and rockets are weapons of war,
    A few good men (& women), a fantastic strategic leader, and tacts are weapons of armies,
    with both combined there shall be victory!
    LET US SHOW'EM WHAT WE ARE MADE OF!!!
  • RaTix
    Emperor

I havent used ventrilo that much. Hell we dont even use TS that much. I am actually looking into the ventrilo though as it seems to use alot less of the system resources.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Catch359
      Civilian
      • May 2006

I can answer all questions on differences between Vent and TS. I play EQ2 (been playing since launch of EQ 1) and well when they introduced this idea I had to accept me being in a PvP on Nag sever, but I will clarify what ya need to know about both.

Vent
      -Suited more for smaller groups/players
      -Much more easier to use
      -Audio 10x better than TS

TS
      -Much more suited for bigger Guilds, Clans, Syndicate, ect..
      -Eaiser for mass player useage I.E. say we're holding a 64/64 game on PC or something it's easier to designate rooms and mods
      -More control to admins
      -Audio kinda lousy can't really relay messages back as Vent can

All in all I personally worked with both and I like Vent much better it's much more User friendly, audio's better and it's perfect for small groups/or teams preff 3-7 players. TS on the otherhand is good too if you have a massive raid/clan/group thing going one where ALL the players are on. PM if ya need any other help
      Grunt's Oath "First ones in and the last ones to leave"

Pilot's Oath "Death from Above baby"

My Oath "Pilot's are alot deadly with a Blaster Rifle"

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡