X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomahawk
    Imperial Guard
    • Feb 2006

Setting up remote manager

The Emperor has said anyone who patrols servers regularly can be an admin. I have know idea how to get this set up and can't figure out how to from the transmissions page. If anyone can give me a step-by-step on how to. I would be extremely thankful. Maybe even a cookie. :o
  • commander_zach
    Civilian
    • Apr 2006

Me

Does that mean i can?
    AI stands for Artificial Idiots.

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Re: Setting up remote manager

Originally posted by Tomahawk
      The Emperor has said anyone who patrols servers regularly can be an admin. I have know idea how to get this set up and can't figure out how to from the transmissions page. If anyone can give me a step-by-step on how to. I would be extremely thankful. Maybe even a cookie. :o
      Tomahawk, this should be posted in a non-public forum. We can help you there. Ratix can set you up with rights and a pw.

Commander zach--DSA server admin rights are currently limited to certain ranks within DSA. This is an attempt to expand it so that more DSA playing in our servers can also help police them. However, people not in DSA or not yet in DSA as well as many of the DSA members themselves won't have access to them. However, if you encounter issues, you can always request help from a DSA member in the room.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Tomahawk
        Imperial Guard
        • Feb 2006

Sorry Zabka. Ratix has set me up for the Jedi server though. I will post in the Officers Lounge for any other technical help.

Comment

• Zabka
          Imperial Guard
          • Nov 2004
          • DSA Zabka

Tomahawk--cool. Since you play in there a lot, you should have those rights.

Me? I hate that freakin room. I suck at it, and have never liked kill fests with no teamwork or real objective. No interest in improving unless it is around a special event with objectives.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• commander_zach
            Civilian
            • Apr 2006

Server

Could i set up a second Jedi Server since the normal one is alomost always full at night? Now that im a stormtrooper.

Comment

• Jordan
              Civilian
              • Aug 2005

commander_zach,

You are a strormtrooper right now, this is a sort of probation period before being upgraded to officer and so on. If you want server access you have to have a higher rank. The best way to improve your rank is to attend practice as often as possible, pay attention to commands, and be the best player you can be. When the council recognizes your skills and notes your activeness in the clan this is how your promoted and gain server access. I'll talk to Ratix about maybe having another Jedi server running after hours, but not a lot of higher-ups practice with them anymore, we prefer the rifle over the light saber.

Comment

• commander_zach
                Civilian
                • Apr 2006

Ok

Ok, thanks for the information.

Comment

• captnjeter
                  Honorary DSA

Right now, most of us have our hands full with just one Jedi server to monitor. 2... I'll have a heart attack at a younger age than I will from moderating one of those things.

And if it is full, and I see someone with an abnormally high PING, I'll kick 'em to reduce lag and make some room for the server.
                  "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

In addition, I don't want to see any public servers up with any DSA tags on them unless they are on our pay servers. The reason being that we pay a fair amount for our servers---and yes they crash, but that is the software not the servers. A PC dedicated server is not up to our standards and should therefore not be used for public server usage with DSA tags. If somebody wants to set up their own server with a different name that is not affiliated with the DSA, that is fine. However, we don't want to advertise that PC servers are our servers.

One of the nice things about DSA is that everybody who can tries to contribute a couple of bucks to keeping our servers up. And I think those that are reasonable out in the public are appreciative of servers like ours (and other clan servers) that are high quality--especially with no more public servers being supported. We don't want to water down the perception of the quality of our servers.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎