• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco_assassin
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2006
    • DSA TacO

router probs

I messed up my router trying to figure out how to do port forwarding.
    Here's a rundown....the router is a viewsonic wr100. I opened up a command prompt and did the ipconfig command. I was inofrmed that my starting ip addy is 192.168.1.101. So now i go into my router config and it has some boxes where you can change the starting ip addy(which before my meddling was 192.168.1.1-also the addy to open config for the router.)Now that i've gone and changed it to 192.168.1.101 in the router config, i cant even use the router. and to top off, i can't get back into the config. So now in order to even get online i have to completely bypass it and connect my pc directly to my cable modem. Strange thing is that when i look at my 1394 conection, and my local area connection thru the contorl panel, it says they're both fine. :?: It's all the router and i can't get back in to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • RegentOne
    Imperial Advisor

I take it that your router PW is not working. Mine has a default reset button which sets it back to factory PW and settings. Does yours have this option? If not, some routers come with an Admin PW that you usually do not change for this purpose. Do you have this or did you change it? Try on-line help from the company or give their tech help desk a call. Sorry I couldn't be much more helpful for you Taco.
    "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
    {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• Taco_assassin
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2006
      • DSA TacO

thanks all the same Regent. That admin pw was how i got in to change things in the first place. And as for having a reset button, well it's got that, but it doesn't reset things back to factory defaults. I suppose that's what i get for goin to the local computer shop and buying the sub-generic POS instead of gettin quality from best buy or circuit city. I wouldn;t be havin this problem. If all else fails by like onday or tuesday, I'm just gonna go get a new one. But again, thank you Regent. And please be careful when you get deployed!

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

The guide says there is a reset button in the back of your router
        "I forgot my password. What do I do?
        • Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the router for 10
        seconds. The router then resets to factory defaults. Reconfigure
        your router all over again."
        After doing that you may have to reset your MAC address. Are you using your router for both your computer and PS2?

If so you'll have to go back in and reconfig your router's MAC address and clone it from your main computer that your ISP has on file.

If you need help with that let me know. The user guide will also walk you through it.

Good luck

Comment

• Taco_assassin
          Honorary DSA
          • Mar 2006
          • DSA TacO

thank yo soooooo much Norm. You f'in rock. Worked like a charm. Now i can use both the pc and my ps2. :D

Comment

• norm
            Imperial Guard
            • Jun 2006
            • DSA norm

no problem, glad it worked!

Comment

• CHRIST
              Civilian

awwwwwwwww look at this demonstration of clan teamwork...(tear)... lol

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎