X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shell_Shock
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

remote managing

some one told me that you can't remote manage a PC dedicated server is that true?
  • Steven
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

im pretty sure thats a lie, i messed around with a pc dedicated server once, never really ammounted to anything but i had remote manager on another computer in my house and i could connect.
    sigpic

Comment

• TriPP
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

no idea why you couldn't if you run the server manager programs from blackbagops, one is for the game server and the other is for the remote manager machine. it's all right there on the bbo site.
      Frodo failed, Bush has the ring!

Comment

• Shell_Shock
        Civilian
        • Jul 2006

well my friend says its not possible because he tried to connect to mine and it didn't work.

Comment

• RaTix
          Emperor

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you referring to the Battlefront Server Manager or just a Remote PC in General? If Remote PC, how was he trying to connect? Either Scenerio you can connect, just a matter configuring the right things.
          Are you behind a firewall or router? Are all your correct ports forwarded to desired PC?
          "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
          ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Shell_Shock
            Civilian
            • Jul 2006

ok heres the whole story

I have downloaded the star wars battlefront II dedicated server for PS2. And i can run the pc dedicated server from my computer. Its not a VSK and my friends would like to help me run it because it can only stay on whille my computers running the application. I have attempted to allow my friends to remote manage the server by setting up username accounts and giving them the ip address. when they try and connect they get this error 10060. All the information i gave them is correct. but I'm not sure of the port your supposed to use. we have used port 3558,3658, and 4658 and none of them work.

I have been told you can't remote manage a pc dedicated like mine. And i have been told there is no reason why i can't. I'm confused about both.

Am i doing something wrong? Are they doing something wrong? Are this even possible at all?

i figured out i have 2 ips

an internal one that starts like this 192.
            and a external one that starts with 68

does it matter what ip adderess i give to the person trying to connect to my server?

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎