X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dioxin
    Honorary DSA

computer dead

Hey everyone,

My computer at home is now dead, so I won't be responding as much until I get it working. Just a heads up. Might take me a day or two.

Here's the problem in case anyone wants to suggest something...

Turn pc on and both green (power) and yellow (working) lights go on. But then there's no BEEP like you normally would hear. Instead, the yellow working light just turns off. Eventually, the monitor just goes to sleep.

I think it might be bad ram or a bad motherboard. If the c drive is messed up, it usually says "no OS available" or some junk like that. I'm going to move the hard drive to another working computer and see if I can get windows back up for some data retrieval.
    "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Might be a bad RAM stick. If you have 2, try removing one and booting. If no go, then swap the sticks and try again. Least will give you an idea if its the memory or not.

If you swap the Hard drive to another system, you will have to do a windows Repair for it to reconfigure with the new/different hardware.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎