X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goliath
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

Sharing your Laptop's Wireless Connection

Since I am ill, and have nothing to do but work, I have decided to post information regarding how to share a small wireless connection enabled laptop's internet connection with the PS2, or any other system you may have in mind.

*** Required Materials for Windows Internet Sharing ***
    • Wireless Connection Enabled Laptop with Windows XP installed
    • Wireless Access Point (usually a wireless router)
    • An Ethernet Crossover Cable

There are two ways to share a wireless internet with a PS2 using Windows, the easiest and most effective I have posted here.

Sharing The Connection Using Simple Setup
    Start by opening the "Network Connections" dialog, found in the control panel. (START > Control Panel > Network Connections) Right-click your Wireless Internet Connection, and then open the advanced tab. In this tab, check the "Allow other network users to connect to this computer's internet connection" checkbox, and then click OK. Now connect your wireless connection to the access point in the same fashion you would normally do, and then connect the ethernet crossover cable to the ethernet port on the computer and the PS2. Finally, check your internet connection on the PS2. If it does not work, try it again. After three tries, make sure you have followed all of the steps.

Link for MAC users:
    Now, next, and beyond: Tracking need-to-know trends at the intersection of business and technology

If you need more help, please reply here or PM me personally.

--- [Tk313]Goliath ---

Ad

Collapse
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎