X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Video converter

Has anyone tried one of these Video to VGA converters?

I went ahead and got this one it should be in a day or two. Did I waste my money? I have a 19in flat monitor and was thinking hell my ps2 would look great on it. And since going through my cpu cause a great deal of lag, thought I could get this and try it out. It will be alot smaller than the 32 in. tv I am playing on, but if it makes it alot clearer, which I hope it does, it might be better in the end.

I will post here when I get it in and try it out.
    sigpic
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Unless you have a 20something'' monitor, I don't know if its worth it. It should deffinalty be alot clearer though. But keep me posted on the results of this.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Rdaug27
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

Alot clearer. I have really only played SWBF2 on it, but you can see the limitations of the graphics lol. This thing is pretty cool. It comes with a remote and you just push a button and it will switch from you PC to the Video. (and even S-Video if you have something connected) At first I was a little dissappointed cause there were lines on the screen when there was alot of action or movement. Then I played with the settings (or pressed the Sport button on the remote) and no more lines. I have yet to really play with the settings, but it seems to me that it will be money well spent. (of course that may just be my excitement of playing on a flatscreen lol) I will post more when I get to explore the device more.
      sigpic

Comment

• Rdaug27
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

Ok I was able to play with the settings a little more and am really happy with this thing. The on screen controls and options for color, brightness, contrast and all that are more extensive than the controls on my monitor. I can manipulate the screen more through this device than even the tv that I was playing on. Also it suprised me that the device does not have to be on to use your cpu. All in all I think its a good fit for me. Two thumbs up :) Even if I didn't have a flat screen I think this would be good on an old school monitor because of the options and controls that allow you to manipulate the output.
        sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎