Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cancer
    Civilian

Burning CDs.

So here's the dealio. I have an iPod. I don't have much of my music on my computer. I want to burn some CDs of some of my music. How can I do this?
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

No Animal BEAT drums don't EAT drums!

sigpic

Fire fighter- Fights fire
    Crime fighter- Fights crime
    Freedom fighter- ???
  • Taco_assassin
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2006
    • DSA TacO

Greets Cancer and welcome to the DSA. I hope your time here is long and enjoyable. As for burnin cd's from your ipod....well the music you wanna burn needs to be on your pc. And if it's in AAC format it also needs to comverted. Chances are your burning program will do that. What program is it you're usin?

Comment

• Cancer
      Civilian

Well see, I know how to do all that. The problem is I don't know how to get the music on my iPod on to iTunes.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

sigpic

Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

• Taco_assassin
        Honorary DSA
        • Mar 2006
        • DSA TacO

Usually itunes will have its own folder for where it saves music. Look up top and go to Edit ->Preferences->Advanced. There under the general tab you should see where it gives you the ability to change where your music is kept. Go to the folder on your pc where itunes is saving it and there you have your burnable stuff. Getting the music from your pod i haven't quite figured out. Google a neat little program called sharepod which allows you to transfer the stuff on your ipod to your pc. This prog actually get installed on your ipod.That should make this whole process a bit easier.

Comment

• Steven
          Civilian
          • Jun 2006

Usually, your ipod has to be linked to the library on your computer in order to transfer files to your ipod from the computer and vise versa. You need to get the files from your ipod saved on your computer, then import them into itunes. After that, you'll probably have to erase the data off your ipod in order to get the music from itunes on it. (apple made it this way so you cant upload data from your ipod onto someone else's computer) If you can't save the files from your ipod on the computer manually, you may have to rip all the music to your computer again.

Other than that, all you have to do to get music on your ipod is import it into itunes, plug your ipod in, and let it update for you.
          sigpic

Comment

• norm
            Imperial Guard
            • Jun 2006
            • DSA norm

So Cancer let me ask you a few questions and I'll be able to help you out.

1. How did you get the music on your Ipod in the first place?

2. What version of Itunes are you using?

3. Are you using a Mac or a PC?

just in case you may want to download this for the PC - ephPod and for the Mac - iLinkPod

Comment

• Cancer
              Civilian

I got the music on there from my sister's laptop. I would have her transfer the music to my computer but she left for England and won't be back for about 6 months.
              I'm using the newest iTunes I think but I'm not sure.
              I'm using a PC.

sigpic

Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

• norm
                Imperial Guard
                • Jun 2006
                • DSA norm

Hmmm, well really the only thing you can do is try Taco's Sharepod or try ephPod. Both should work for you. iTunes disabled that function on its newer versions.

Both programs should be easy for you to use. Just google the names and figure out which on you like the best.

Good luck man

Comment

• Cancer
                  Civilian

Thanks a lot man.

sigpic

Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢