X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLATLINE
    Civilian
    • Dec 2006

Solutions to Global Warming?????

A few months back I found some very interesting technology from a man named John Searl. This device promises to give us free electricity. I thought this would be relevent here and you all might be interested since this coomunity we all belong to survives because of electricity. When you have some time take a look at this and read. Keep an open mind cuz with Global Warming here we need to pay attention to these types of technology.

SearlEffect

Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!
  • norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

Isn't Mars' temperature increasing too? They must have a bunch factories and other objects hurting their environment too. Dirty Martians when will they learn!

Comment

• CHRIST
      Civilian

psh global warming doesnt exist lol, im still cold here, although it might finally be over, we broke 70 for the first time in awhile

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• Sorn
        Civilian
        • Apr 2007

I never really noticed down here in fl, it seemed to have gotten colder. 5 years ago I remember it going in the high 90's but now it rarely passes 95

Comment

• CHRIST
          Civilian

oh boo hoo

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• FLATLINE
            Civilian
            • Dec 2006

LMAO So Sorn you didnt notice that lakes in your state are drying up??? We all seen it on National news two days ago. This isnt really all that funny cuz your state has issued a notice to conserve water as well. Seems to me like this might be a little early in the year to be conserving water and seeing lakes start to dry up. I dunno. Maybe its just me but thats something I would notice. BTW if things dont change your state will probably be one of the first to get swallowed up by the sea. Kinda sucks for me I hope my place in Daytona doesnt get swallowed up :?

Comment

• FLATLINE
              Civilian
              • Dec 2006

Wow I almost forgot about the wildfires in Florida and Georgia. A little early for those as well.

Comment

• Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

To the degree that anybody tries to argue the existence of global warming based on noticable changes in weather, their argument is already rife with problems. Global warming is a phenomenon that is neither validated nor rejected by one day, week, month, year or even more experience. Temperature fluctuations occur and the weather is nearly impossible to predict with accuracy (no computer simulations have been able to predict the randomness). Beyond that, the biggest issues to me about these arguments are that people point to specific data points as conclusive (one way or another). In reality, the evidence on the whole needs to be taken into consideration over very long periods of time.

It does appear that the temperature is rising and the ice caps are melting at a faster clip than they have in the past. Whether that is the irreversible impact of man or something in the natural course of the planet's maturation is probably impossible to know conclusively. People point to the fact that the termperature has been rising faster than it has on average in the past. What isn't clear is if there are ever any periods of time where similar rises occurred, not just an average. We don't have the full timeseries data over a long enough period of time to really be able to have the full context of that.

Now---that being said, I find it foolhardy for people to dismiss the importance of finding environmentally friendly sources of energy. Energy consumption is booming, not just in the US, but especially through the modernization and development of previously underdeveloped countries like China. Pollution, clean water, air quality, etc. are all affected. Whether this means that the coastlines of the country will be under water in 10 years shouldn't matter. The issue is the impact that any drastic changes have on our economy vis a vis other countries. Everyone looks to the military as the source of our national security--I believe it is our leadership in the world economy. That is where we get our leverage in so many different endeavors--political, foreign policy, etc. Efforts made on this front have to take into consideration the impact on our economy.
                You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• AndyPants
                  Civilian
                  • Oct 2004
                  • Pants9000

I did have something to say, almost, until I got to Zabka's post.

With out being too much of a parrot, I see that there is enough evidence to suggest a change in the climate compared to what we have logged in current history. On the contrary, there is evidence to suggest a global climate cycle beyond what we have recorded.

Simply put, the questions lies in whether we have accelerated what seems to be a natural cycle.

Side note, I abstained from voting as I am not aware of your reference to John Searl. Aside from why it would be an important discovery, all schools of physics, and quite frankly common sense, suggest perpetual motion is practically impossible. The closest you can get is an equal equation where there is no loss of energy, but even that would require an extreme balance of factors that it would not be possible on earth, you know with that there gravity and air crap and the subsequent friction.

Comment

• FLATLINE
                    Civilian
                    • Dec 2006

I just thought it was interesting. If you click on John Searls name it will take you to his site. Read it if this sort of thing interests you. If not No Biggie.

But I must disagree with you as far as global warming is concerned. The debate it over. Global Warming is in fact here. The only debate now is what caused it exactly and what do we do?

Whether we accelerated a natural cycle or not is irrelevent to me at least because I know that what we have on this earth is rare and fragile. Everything we see here for lack of a better way to put it was an accident. The right mixture of elements, the right distance from the sun, etc.... All these things had to be perfectly in place for life to evolve. Everything we see and dont see contributes to a place were life can continue.

Just a small couple degrees either way and major changes take place. Life threatening changes. Look whats happened already. Temperatures have been at a record high for a decade, coastal shorelines have retreated, island nations are losing habitable land, and glaciers are melting on five continents. If this isnt a wake up call I dunno what would be.

Now lets say for arguments sake this is a flawed argument. Im way off base and so are thousands of the worlds top scientists. Do we have any doubts that burning coal to produce electricity could be good? Or burning gasoline for our cars creating harmfull emissions is good? Cutting down forests and turning our green land into concrete which cuts the earths ability to filter these harmfull emissions. Thats ok too? No Way we all know thats not good for the environment. I doubt anyone has an argument against that.

John Searls project peaked my interest the way Edisons Light bulb would have if I lived during that age. It always sounds crazy when its new but didnt we learn anything when the first man set foot on the moon? Anyways if this kind of thing interests you just click on John Searls name above the animated pic. His site could explain the project better than I can. The key is in the pressed magnets. Read and enjoy. Now ill let this thread fade into the sunset peacefully LOL :D

Comment

• FLATLINE
                      Civilian
                      • Dec 2006

I just re-read Zabkas post and realize much of my post before this was irrelevent Sorry.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎