• EagleOne
    Honorary DSA

Future cable modem?

Future cable modem

check this out!

• FLATLINE
    Civilian
    • Dec 2006

Im not sure if this is a good thing or not seeing as though Comcast is one of those companies capping peoples connections and cutting them off when they feel they are above what the avergae user uses for bandwidth. increases speed and volume of data seem worthless to me unless theres no caps and shut offs.
    Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

this is the competitive response to FIOS and AT&T's fiber optic approach. Competition is a good thing as it will give us more options and ultimately result in fairer prices.

What I wonder is if this will potentially be used initially to get into Verizon and other telco's industrial dominance or if it is to stem the threat on the consumer side.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Rdaug27
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

OK how bout a big question, how much more is my bill going to increase? $50.00 a month now is killing me I could just imagine with new hardware to rent. Yeah it cost no more to build, but good old Time Warner.....I know DSL but its not available to me. I live 7000 ft outside of DSL range. :x
        sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
          Imperial Guard
          • Nov 2004
          • DSA Zabka

DSL sucks. what you need is to get verizon FIOS to come to your area. then you will see cable modem prices drop.

$50 seems like a lot for just internet. Are you doing a triple play? I spend a lot on my cable bill, but that is because I do the HD, DVR, and premium packages. After becoming a father, it seems that my bar bill has gone into my cable and gaming bill.
          You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• FLATLINE
            Civilian
            • Dec 2006

Im with you Zabka. Im also with Time Warner and Ive got the basic Internet Package with HD and DVR. Im paying just over $100 a month for everything. Not to bad but I miss my NFL Network and Time Warner just cut my Internet Speeds. I used to get 4400 down and 420 up from Adelphia but now that TW Finally migrated us over to their network im now at 3800 down and 350 up. Im pissed about that. If i could get Fios id be all over it but verizon only offers DSL here so far. My neighbor has Verizon DSL and hes getting about 2000 down but 750 up. The upload is very attractive to me but then what would I do with my TV?? I still Dont understand what the deal is with Comcats new modem. Why offer all that speed if your going to Cap your customers and shut them down for using it too much. All that plus they dont even tell you what the cap is. I guess your supposed to cross your fingers everytime you download something.
            Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!

Comment

• Rdaug27
              Civilian
              • Jun 2006

No I have expanded basic cable service, and Road Runner, and that is it. Good old Time Rip Me Off Warner. My bill is around $92 a month. No digital cable, no HD, no DVR, no phone service, no box even. Thats why I had to drop for a few weeks before in the past cause that gets expensive. Oh I wish I had Verizon in my area, but there is not too much call for the highest of hight speed connection in the small ass, refinery laden area I live in.
              sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎