X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenn
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

PS2 Headset

Pardon my ignorance... but, well... I'm ignorant when it comes to this. Heh.

The headset that I have always used is what came packaged with the original SOCOM title. It seems to be a typical headset, with the exception that about halfway down the wire there is a little plastic box dealie, then the wire continues to down to the USB plug.

Long story short, my headset broke in my cross-country move. Am I able to use just any USB headset? or do I need some 'PS2 compatible' headset.

Thanks,

Fenn
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Any USB headset should work. Last I heard logitech discontinued the PS2 headset.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• AndyPants
      Civilian
      • Oct 2004
      • Pants9000

With the surge of VoIP now a days, you should be able to find a USB headset made for VoIP (that's what the, now discontinued, Logitech one was).

Good luck. If I ever find my extra one, you can buy it for $10 + S&H. (probably cheaper to buy it new :roll: )

Comment

• Zabka
        Imperial Guard
        • Nov 2004
        • DSA Zabka

On socom3/CA, not all usb headsets work. Some people I know had good headsets that wouldn't work with the game...and they were told they needed a PS2 brand headset. While that isn't entirely true (some non-ps2 headsets worked ), there were a number of people who were SOL due to their headsets.

Get one from a place with a good return policy so you can try it out and see.
        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Fenn
          Civilian
          • Jun 2006

Okay... thanks folks...

Comment

• Muncher
            Lieutenant

I have resently broke mine. Fortunitly I live close to a Game stop and they ussually have a PS2/PS3 headset. I got a new one from there. So if you have any game store like that around get one from there.
            We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎