X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenn
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Connection to Host Lost

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the Dark Side (No AI Conquest) server?

I get in, hit auto assign, and then see 'connection to host lost'

I just got me new headset, too. :(
  • AndyPants
    Civilian
    • Oct 2004
    • Pants9000

It could be one of many issues. Could you describe you network setup. Like, router or not, wired/wireless, type of internet connection (DSL, Cable, etc). You get the idea.

Also go ahead and search the forums for the ports to forward to your PS2 and be sure you've done everything you can do before asking for help.

Aside from the usual suspects it may be a glitch in SWBF2 but that is outside the realm of my expertise as I haven't played it in a long time.

Comment

• EagleOne
      Honorary DSA

Sometimes you have to reset your modem and/or your network, that is usually my problem.

Comment

• Fenn
        Civilian
        • Jun 2006

Yeah, I've done that. I'm at wits end.

I have rest my modem.
        Changed out the Ethernet Cable.
        Re-set-up the PS2 Ethernet Adapter.

I'm just stumped. Not really sure what happened between when I was playing this afternoon fine and now.

It seems to be based on the number of people in a game... but even that doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem to be limited to the .com server. I was able to get into Fire Fights with two other players already there, but not when there was 6.

I select the game, land on the team selection screen and hit auto assign. If I'm lucky, I get to the class selection screen. In any case... the game locks and it reads 'connection to host lost'.

Bummer.

Comment

• Fenn
          Civilian
          • Jun 2006

My latest update. (like anyone cares, heh)

This morning I did a bit of bug testing.

I got up and logged into the .com server just fine (it was empty).

After sitting there for a bit, people started joining.

I played through at least 15 maps with no problem. When the server got up to 14 players, I received the same 'connection to host lost' message at the team selection screen when the following map loaded.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem? I'm thoroughly stumped!

Thanks,

Fenn

Comment

• EagleOne
            Honorary DSA

Yeah I have this problem alot too. Sometimes it's the server not working properly or you ISP is not working right or who knows what but there is a simple answer which one of the high ranking members told me to do

He said "Dammit just deal with it"

And I said "O.k"

Comment

• Rdaug27
              Civilian
              • Jun 2006

LOL thats funny.

I was told something about the ping setting being set at like 280 and when it goes above that you will get auto booted. I think the Emperor was going to adjust the settings or something. A full room was booted last night for some reason. I think they are still researching and tweeking. Actually when you first join a room your ping is 250 no matter what you do, so when people join your ping level might fluctuate around the 280 mark rather easily resulting in an auto boot.
              sigpic

Comment

• Fenn
                Civilian
                • Jun 2006

Thanks for the responses.

I am not receiving any boot messages, or 'server full' messages though.

I thought that when you get booted, a message pops up stating that you were booted?

Comment

• Rdaug27
                  Civilian
                  • Jun 2006

Yeah I'm retarded. LOL. I was just fixing to edit my post on here. Is this problem only on our servers or has it happened to you with other servers? If it has occurred to you on other servers then there might be some kind of problem with your isp or equipment somehow losing the signal. The truth is it could be a number of things. It is an interesting problem.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Fenn
                    Civilian
                    • Jun 2006

I was on the SOG server fine.

...and I was just in the DSA .com server with 23 people just fine... for two maps... then, that same problem when the next match loaded.

I am wondering if my network adapter isn't going bad (but I don't see how it could.

I have the original PS2 with the network adapter that you have to attach to the back.

In any case, thanks RDaug.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎