Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

I wish I could find a version of vista with ZERO security, ZERO bells and whistles that could run as lean as win95 while supporting devices and software for my editing and post production necessities.
    I think you just described XP lol.

For dual boot, you just have to edit the Boot.ini. Actually I think if you install one on another drive it should automatically edit the boot.ini for you. If not, just add it in manually.

"POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Capthemfoos
      Honorary DSA

Alright so the genuine Vista is in and everything works like a charm. There is only one issue that I have which is, where do I DL DirectX 10? I may have accidentally installed DX 9.0 with my video card. Where is the real Direct X 10 without all of this extra fluff?

And I asked around about dual booting and I learned that dual booting may not be good because Vista is very aggressive. Is this true?

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

Well I'm running dual boot on my laptop (vista and ubuntu) and have been for about a year. It's a big enough pain in the ass to get CS3 running with Magic Bullet plug-ins and all that on Vista, which crashes it out of sheer proc demand frequently with 4GB of Ram, 2 2 GHz proc's etc etc etc. I don't even want to deal with making WINE try to play well with it.

And nobody say Mac. Just. Don't. FCPHD can lick my balls, and the price they want for their gear is absurd. The OS is getting as bloated as Windows, and continues to get more and more bloated with every iteration.

I want a Win95b type operating system that gives me full Windows compatibility, NO VIRUS/INTERNET security, SMALL resource footprint, and that's really about it. Windows and Mac both seem to be doubling and quadrupling their resource requirements as fast as Moore's law. I'd love to see dev's start embracing Linux more. The SECOND I get an adobe suite that is designed for linux, and the Magic Bullet stuff works on it, I'll never look back.
        sigpic

Comment

• Capthemfoos
          Honorary DSA

Lol. Whats Magic Bullet?

Also a cool PC program to consider, if anybody likes to work with these things is called Photosynth. It is a free subscription thingy from Microsoft.com. What it does is takes your 2D photo and using some new tech, it forms what any other angles of the photo would look like. For example, if you want to see a photo from the right side of a room, you can do that and the program will synthesize what it looks like, to a remarkable degree. Definitely worth checking out if you are into editing pics and what not, I think.

http://photosynth.net/default.aspx

And would you recommend me dual booting with Ubuntu, XP, or something else?
          Last edited by Capthemfoos; 12-01-2008, 05:22 PM.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎