Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cancer
    Civilian

Firefox 3 Troubles

So here's the deal, every time I launch Firefox 3 it immediately crashes. Before installing FF3, FF2 worked just fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, removing it from my firewall allowed list and readding it, and everything I could find in the FAQ, forum, and live customer support. Nothing works! I can still use it in Safe Mode though and everything works fine.
    Any ideas as to what's going on and how I can fix it?
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

No Animal BEAT drums don't EAT drums!

sigpic

Fire fighter- Fights fire
    Crime fighter- Fights crime
    Freedom fighter- ???
  • Taco_assassin
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2006
    • DSA TacO

Maybe if you stopped killing everyone in practice with a noob tube it would work. :P
    But seriously, Do you have any progs that completely remove things. maybe there's some ff2 junk left in your registry screwing things up. If you don't try searching out revo uninstaller. It's a cool free little prog that will help. Just be careful cuz it can get a lil aggressive and remove some stuff you might need.

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

FF3 started crashing left and right on me today. To fully remove it and possibly fix the problem, you will have to remove all your bookmarks, cookies, saved passwords and all that unfortunately. Least that's what I had to do. I think you can probably do the uninstall and check the box that asks if you want to delete all your personal info. Or the manual way. After a normal uninstall, Go to C:->Documents and Settings->(Your username folder)->Application Data then delete the Mozilla folder.

If you can't see the Application data folder, in the top of the window, go to Tools->Folder Options->View tab. Then under the Hidden files and folders section make sure it's checked to SHOW hidden files and folders.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

if you can use it in safe mode chances are one of your add-ons is screwing things up. disable all those and try again.

Comment

• Cancer
          Civilian

Awesome, thanks. I'll try that stuff and let you guys know.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

sigpic

Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

• norm
            Imperial Guard
            • Jun 2006
            • DSA norm

cool. Try the add-ons first since it's the easiest and go from there. Let us know what worked and what didn't.

Comment

• Cancer
              Civilian

So it's still not working. I turned off the add-ons, same thing; I uninstalled and selected to remove personal data, same; I installed Revo, still the same.

sigpic

Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢