Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cancer
    Civilian

RRoD Scare

I got the Three Red Rings today after a weird power surge. I turned the system off and turned it back on and everything was normal, including the power cord light being green. Is there anything else I should do? I'm hooking up a surge protector now in case this happens again.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

No Animal BEAT drums don't EAT drums!

sigpic

Fire fighter- Fights fire
    Crime fighter- Fights crime
    Freedom fighter- ???
  • Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

good point,
    FOR EVERYONE ON ANY SYSTEM PLEASE USE A POWER STRIP/SURGE PROTECTOR. this is one of the key things you should all be doing along with keeping your system away from heat source speakers/magnets off the carpet and make sure it has at least 8 inches of space around it on all sides for air circulation,
    this is just common good practice for the health of your system,
    also dust it off everyday
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• CHRIST
      Civilian

doesn't the power brick act as a surge protector anyways?

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• AndyPants
        Civilian
        • Oct 2004
        • Pants9000

Typically, the "power bricks" you refer to are transformers (sometimes voltage rectifiers) that turn the line voltage (120V AC) to something the system wants (like 12V DC possibly) They are not power conditioners!

Always provide external surge/spike protection and possibly battery backup if needed.

Comment

• CHRIST
          Civilian

I have a surge protector already just for the fact that it provides more outlets.

but yeah, I used to get the rings all the time for some odd reason. The circle has shown them at least 15 times, hasn't happened in a long time though. All I had to do was restart it and it would work fine, dunno why it did it though.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• Taco_assassin
            Honorary DSA
            • Mar 2006
            • DSA TacO

Sometimes whe i play during storms and the power goes out for a split secomd i get the RRod. OFf and on again and it works fine

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎