• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco_assassin
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2006
    • DSA TacO

360 "mod" question

Has anyone heard/used a little app called Xplorer 360. Supposedly it allows you to transfer 360 data to a pc hard drive and back if you so choose. Not that i worry that much about losing my 360 hdd but i've got an idea with the price drops that if it works would have me exchanging my current pro model(20g) for the new one(60g) or the elite if they let me pay the price difference. This is all based upon me having best buys performance guarantee and bullshitting them about having a messed up 360. Anyone heard of this app and does anyone think my idea will work?
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Is there a way to mod a regular HDD so that it conforms to the MS guidelines on the 360 hdd's? Would be much cheaper and easier... plus you could get a good sized HDD. Personally this is my main gripe on both systems... 60 80 or 120 GB is a joke. I've got a 160 in my ps3 and I'm thinking of upgrading to 320 or 500
    sigpic

Comment

• keyser28146
      Honorary DSA

This will work as a secondary device to store music and stuff that ISN'T a game or XBL DRM content...
      sigpic

Comment

• Taco_assassin
        Honorary DSA
        • Mar 2006
        • DSA TacO

bumped for the 360 techies.

Comment

• RaTix
          Emperor

The 360 Xplorer is mainly for modded 360's. I used it to get the FarCry maps from the fansite onto my HDD, with the help of the Xeno Top Gear though.

Installing Xeno WILL void the warranty, as you have to crack the case open to install it. There's a slot on the side of the Xeno where you plug the HDD into, then switch it to PC HDD mode and then it's accessible through Windows. It was originally marketed as a way to easily and quickly reflash the DVD drive's firmware in case you needed to change it back to the original to avoid any bans. Ha, great job that did as MS used a different method then firmware checks to see which systems were modded and ban them. Still comes in handy once in a while though.

As for HDD sizes, haven't really ran into a problem with space on them yet (120GB) so I can't complain. Once they allow you to start storing games on the HDD that may change though. At which point I would assume they plan to release larger drives. Regardless, yes, it would be nice to just use a Standard PC HDD on them.
          "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
          ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• keyser28146
            Honorary DSA

Yeah, admitted I'm probably one of the few with HDD issues... I dumped around 100 GB of music and have every demo of every game installed on mine (aside from the POS infuriating trainwreck that is Force Unleashed... it got deleted for fear I would smash my TV just looking at it), in addition to TONS of install play data... I know MGS4 and DMC4 and GTA4 each take up around 4 GB + each.

I got into a lively debate with a brain surgeon on Gamespot (mistake #1) who kept saying "compression was the key". Right. Compression helps, but if it were "the key" we would still be using 5.25" single sided single density floppies.

Alas, I'm off topic. Big surprise. I'd like to see MS drop the DRM drive situation and go to a PS3 style "any sata is a good sata, it won't even affect your warranty" policy, but... there's a lot of things I'd like to see... affordable lightsabers... speederbikes that run on tap water... my own AT-ST for getting around traffic issues... you know. The little things.
            sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎