• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco_assassin
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2006
    • DSA TacO

Running A BF2 server.

Can anyone tell me how to do this from my pc? I know we're taking the paid ones down, but I'm probably gonna run one so we still have a place to play when we want.
  • The_Blunt
    Officer
    • Jul 2007
    • DSA Blunt

The dude who made the video said it was outdated though.
    Last edited by The_Blunt; 09-28-2008, 11:37 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

Go to the Downloads section and download the 107 server, the SM and the RM files. Install the server software then replace the SM with the 110 version you just downloaded.

You will probably have to open ports on your router/firewall. Check this forum for the exact ports, I'm pretty sure I had made a post on that somewhere here in the tech forum, or the SWBF forum.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Taco_assassin
        Honorary DSA
        • Mar 2006
        • DSA TacO

Sorry to bump this. Does anyone know if it would make any difference in quality if i ran a server in linux through WINE?

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎