X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capthemfoos
    Honorary DSA

Reaver's Problem

What's up guys?

I was talking to Reaver today about his connection to Live. Apparently, he is having problems.

A) Can't connect to certain XBL parties, others work

B) GTA IV matchmaking is slow/doesn't work at all

The catch is that everything else works. I talked to Reaver on the phone and here are his specifics.

ISP: Bellsouth & AT&T

Router(he is hardwired to it): Linksys WRT54G

DNS Server(router access page): 192.168.0.254(or something like that. Its not the normal .0.1 or .1.1 for some weird reason.

Reaver need his GTA IV races!!! Lol.

I tried to update the firmware with him but it said that it was up to date. They don't want to reset the router because they want to maintain some security settings(I think).

Some friend set it up for them and Reaver says that he knows that he did some advanced junk with the router settings.

I tried everything that I could think of, but to no avail. Note that the power cycle did not work either.

Any help from your brilliant minds would be appreciated. Reaver, post here if I missed anything.
    Last edited by Capthemfoos; 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen
  • RageProphetXIII
    Officer
    • Jan 2009

Sounds like he needs to call his provider and have then troubleshoot the signal to the house. Sometimes they can reset signal then do the power cycle. I'd also restart any computers on the network.
    sigpic

Comment

• Reaver
      Imperial Advisor

Foos pretty much got everything, one other thing though, It's not just GTA IV. Ever since that POS was put in its been many games that I haven't been able to connect too.
      " I need a beer "

Comment

• RaTix
        Emperor

If the only problems are with the 360, double check that the right ports are being forwarded ( 88 UDP, 3074 TCP/UDP ) to the 360 and that the 360 has a static IP assigned to it.
        "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Capthemfoos
          Honorary DSA

Reaver, I can walk you through that if you want.

Also, those screenshots are ok, but I would like it through windows. Heres a link to show you how to do it.

Screenshot Tutorial via Paint

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us!!!', and I will whisper 'No.'". -Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎