Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedooku
    Honorary DSA
    • Sep 2008

If you plug in a USB thumb drive or an external hard drive you can just go to that folder, hit triangle and it should give you the option to copy everything to the external drive.

I'm not sure what the system backup utility does/doesn't copy, but I need to get myself an external and do it soon, for safety's sake.

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"

Comment

• Hogezz
      Honorary DSA
      • Jan 2009

I know it's not much good to you, but thanks for the reminder to back up... Did it last night.

And Dooku, the backup utility will take care of literally everything except your trophys. Those just get synched when you select that option by pressing triangle in the tropys menu.
      sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
        Honorary DSA
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by thedooku
        If you plug in a USB thumb drive or an external hard drive you can just go to that folder, hit triangle and it should give you the option to copy everything to the external drive.

I'm not sure what the system backup utility does/doesn't copy, but I need to get myself an external and do it soon, for safety's sake.
        Thanks Dooku...seems simple. I will do this instead of going to the system backup since it will require me to get/use an external hard drive that would require a ton of memory. So basically a 1 gb flash disk is all that I will need....I do have one in my possession so that won't be a tough thing to do.
        sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• jmhc74
          Honorary DSA
          • Dec 2007

Ok...this will be final post in this thread since I bought my slim and its time to move on. Regarding warranties....Sony gives you a 1 year warrenty with the purchase of a slim, is this correct??? So basically, if the freakin thing bricks on you all you got to do is pay for the shipping, right? Now, I bought my PS3 at best buy. They offer a 2 year warrenty for $60...freakin 20% of the value of your purchase..total scam. Now if I have that warrenty, if the thing bricks on me all I have to do is take it to best buy and I get a new one. No cost at all (shipping or time factor) except for the initial $60. So my question is, would you buy the warrenty at Best Buy???

For me, IMO, warranties are a scam. How often do electronics crap out on you...or least within a year or two??? Seldom....I had mine for 3 years and no warrenty at the time of purchase would have covered that. I look at all the purchases I have made in my current house....from a lawnmower, fridge, seperate freezer, washer and dryer, 2 hdtvs...ect ect and I have never had to use the warranty on them...now if I would have purchased and extended warranty on each of those items, it would have cost me a lot of money and would have received no benefit as of to date.
          sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
            Officer
            • Jan 2009

I would get the warranty. it's nice to have some kind of security incase it does F-up on you. plus 60 buck is not much in comparison to the 150 you would have to pay if it craps out after the 1 year.

BTW did your friend keep the PS3?
            sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍