X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CORPORAL
    Honorary DSA
    • Nov 2004

something weird

I don't know! I was submitting my question about sigs in clan chat and I got this error:

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 150
    File : D:\hshome\inlimbo\arkhamonlineasylum.com\cgi-bin\bfdsa\html\includes\smtp.php

My response was sent and the post counted but from experience whenever "error " pops up, it's bad. Take a look into this.
  • AndyPants
    Civilian
    • Oct 2004
    • Pants9000

this has happened a few times to me when submiting a shout and a few posts. also a refussed connection when coming in to the site.

as you said the post counted and if you return and try to submit again you will double post. you can however return to the forum and delete YOUR duplicate post (i'm sure you know this but for the sake of others that experiance this)

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

Yeah im not totally 100% sure of those errors. If I had to make an educated guess.... I would say that the smtp server (the mail function on servers) was probally down for some reason. And since there is an option to be notified by email of when someone posts in a thread or topic, the error accured. But since the forums go through SQL and aren't mailed in anyway, it doesn't effect posting. I'm pretty sure this is why it was getting those errors. I was getting them as well.

If it happens again, don't worry about it. Its an anoyence, but nothing really that bad. just knwo that your post goes throgh and you don't need to resend.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎