Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

I don't agree about the LOTR movies. I think the effects for the most part were crap, just better than other attempts at similar fair. Those movie effects already appear crappy, and in another 20 years they will look as cheesy to you then as 80's movies do now. I think Forrest Gump's effects were far more clever and harder to spot than LOTR, Indy 4, or the SW prequel trilogy, and it's effects as far as I'm concerned to this day are unmatched. Very cleverly done, and very well designed... it's so good visually, in fact, that people simply do not know just how much of that movie IS CGI... and that was 1994.

Story. Plot. Characters. Drama.

If you got into the LOTR, then you wouldn't notice the effects as much. I just hate the story and characters, so I would notice them more. Bad effects are always forgivable when you enjoy something's plot and story and drama and characters.

As far as the Indy/SW CGI, it's far more noticeable because it's entire purpose is to be the star of the show. The Story, Plot, Characters, Drama all exist to get you to the effects, which is idiotic. It's like designing a car around it's gadgets and paint. Even in 30 years, when the effects will be unbearable, it won't hurt the movie anymore than something like The 10 Commandments effects hurt it... good story trumps everything else.
    sigpic

Comment

• Reaper316
      Honorary DSA
      • Nov 2009

I know I'm kinda of going off topic a bit, but what the hell. Let me start by saying that if the following had a great story what would you want to see?

If Lucas could make a good story again telling the story of Yoda in his younger years would you want to see it?

I've always wanted to see how badass he was in his younger days, maybe when he was only 75-100 years old. Maybe there are some books about his early days I'm not sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there a lot more Sith running around when he was younger or starting out? I'd like to see some epic battles with him, not the stuff we seen in the prequels.
      sigpic

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

I think it's a good idea. And I think Lucas would TOTALLY fuck it up. He went from Filmmaker to Toy Salesman from 77 to 83, and unfortunately it just gets worse as time goes by. He IS Darth Vader.
        sigpic

Comment

• captnjeter
          Honorary DSA

So the first part of the AOTC review was taken down after a complaint from Cartoon Network for violating copyright... There's an article from MTV up on Redlettermedia's facebook and probably website.
          "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• Phoenix
            Honorary DSA

Yoda's reaction in Part 9 is just priceless. Period.
            Boom. Outta here.

sigpic

Comment

• captnjeter
              Honorary DSA

But if Palpatine could see that far into the future, he should have played the Lotto. Wait, maybe that's how he got the money to pay for the clone army.
              "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• Reaper316
                Honorary DSA
                • Nov 2009

Okay, so Lucas would fuck it up probably I can agree with that. Just for curiousity's sake...does anyone know Yoda's backstory? More about him, I'd like to know, lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎