X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Blunt
    Officer
    • Jul 2007
    • DSA Blunt

THIS IS ND...I fucked up...I went to "quote BLUNTS" post but accidentally hit "ediit" it instead. So Blunt forgive me and repost what you said...I am really SORRY for fucking it up.

I know in short BLUNT said he did not think the comments were too harsh and his girlfriend just wanted to focus on the upcoming gig. Blunt also said it is hard to watch the drummer be rude, but knew not to fight battle for his girl as she will let him have it once she's had enough.

I simply wanted to quote and add...I thought the drummer needed to stop worrying about how the cover art would affect sales and start worring more about how he comes off like a douchebad on the video!

Again, sorry Blunt for fucking up your post.
    Last edited by nd32479; 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Stryker0022
      Honorary DSA

Blunt, I haven't bought a CD in a long time. When I download/buy music I do it based on the music itself. The cover doesn't make a difference to me. Sounds like the drummer just wants to criticize your girlfriend's work. Tell him to come up with his own art work.

The band just needs to focus on the music. The most important thing is not whether or not the music or cover is metal enough. It's about making music that people can connect to. The music and the soul of the song needs to go hand and hand. The listener needs to feel and connect with the lyrics. Just tell your girlfriend to focus on that. Everything is just superficial bullshit... In my opinion.

Find the soul of the sound, add the music to amplify that emotion, and people will buy it... T-shirts and all.

I wish you guys the best of luck.
      PSN: Stryker0022
      XBL: DSA Stryker

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
        Darth Beratter

That's a tough thing about being a designer and having to stifle that to do exactly what the customer wants. Even when you know it's a shit product. They will tell you it's good and that looks fine till it's time to go to press and then it's I don't like that. What were you doing. What did you put that there ?.

I realized some people just suck at things like that and have no idea what they wanted or like till they actually see their vision on paper.
        My God sir, I could write a book about just how many times I've had that happen to me, especially how you posted that they always want stuff done/or changed by yesterday. right when it's ready to go to press, and you have to outright kill yourself to get it done. And then take their own damn sweet time sending out payment for said work done.

Those reasons are exactly why I stopped doing that line of work. It makes doing art an act of fustration and exasperation. They don't know what they want, or how to tell you exactly what they want, but whatever you do isn't what they really wanted. Luckily it didn't happen often, but when it did, it was nightmarishly bad.

"Could you make this red, and we want a volcano spewin in the background.."

*Ok. I'll do it.*

"Can you make it more dark and angry looking...Oh, and add a chick with bikini with a battleaxe somewhere.."

*Erm, I guess I can do that.*

"We've changed our minds and we've decided to remove the volcano and chick, add a waterfall with a guy on a warhorse in the foreground. Oh, and can you make this less red and more green instead ?. Oh and we only have half of the commission money to pay you, is that okay..?"

*GAH !!! Are you kidding me....?!!! It's already been sent to press !!*

Blunt, I truly feel bad for your girl. It's not a fun job at times.

sigpic

Comment

• Jackalhead
          Civilian
          • Aug 2011

As a former graphic artist, I think the style of music and the design of the mesh quite well. If the band members think it's 'gay', maybe they should take a deep, long look at the type of music they're playing (meaning a band fronted by what sounds like a talented female vocalist doesn't have shit to say about machismo imho).

I have a huge issue with the band's name typeface. Bleeding Cowboys is probably the most tired, overused type in modern music.
          sigpic

"Remember everyone you meet has lost something, is afraid of something, and loves something." Anonymous

"The entire universe is contained within one's imagination." Albert Einstein

"The end is important in all things." Hagakure

Comment

• The_Blunt
            Officer
            • Jul 2007
            • DSA Blunt

Hahaha, ND, no problem man. You pretty much repeated the gist of what I said.
            I agree with you...but he comes off as a douchebag more often than just in that video.

Originally posted by Jackalhead
            I have a huge issue with the band's name typeface. Bleeding Cowboys is probably the most tired, overused type in modern music.
            Yeah, they're aware that many bands are using Bleeding Cowboys and were discussing making a new logo last practice. What I mean by that is that it will be her job to make a new logo.

I feel bad for her too. She's pretty frustrated. :(
            Last edited by The_Blunt; 01-31-2013, 11:52 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Yentis
              Honorary DSA
              • Sep 2007
              • Yentis

1. Do you think this cover is "too girly"?

No, I personally think it looks bad ass.

2. Would you not want to listen to this album if this was the cover?

I have album covers in my collection, that make that one drip with anger and testosterone.

3. Would you give 2 flying facks what people think if you liked the band and wore this on a shirt?

No. maybe it's me; but I don't see many album covers on band tees anymore. I also don't really care what people think about me.

I would also like to add; the music is on point, and the vocals are amazing, and I would like to know when it hits the stores or itunes.
              Last edited by Deslock; 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM.
              " If a man doesn't bleed ,and he doesn't cry you don't trust him cause he is not man. " .. Zakk Wylde

Comment

• Nuguistic
                Civilian
                • Apr 2009
                • Nuguistic

I like where Zabka was going when he mentioned about adding more black in the heart. When I was looking at the design there were two things that bothered me. 1) I would like the outline of the heart gone and have either some spots of black or a corner of the heart black and have it drip downward as if to let the audience know the heart is getting sicker. 2) I find the green back ground as very distracting. I love the purple and the design the purple back ground has. Maybe bring the purple background together. I'm a design major, not say i know what i'm talking about, but it is what i've learned what my professor's want out of my work. Hope this helped, good luck!
                sigpic
                C'mon Microsoft, i just wanna play for FREE

"I'll have your fucking badge you Mother Fucker!" - Brocman

RIP Wes Martin

Comment

• The_Blunt
                  Officer
                  • Jul 2007
                  • DSA Blunt

Well now the drummer (who is the douchebag in all of this, the guitarist and bassist don't give a shit about the cover) came up with the most asinine idea I've ever heard.

He wants to scrap my girl's cover and take a picture of some random emo girl staring into a mirror and looking sad and shit (I'm paraphrasing here).

When I say random emo girl, she really is just that. Just some random girl who has no affiliation with the band what-so-ever. And he wants to put her on the cover.

He came to her with this idea on Superbowl Sunday and she got upset and asked him why she couldn't be on the cover...
                  considering she's the front woman, wrote all the songs, designed the website, t-shirts, videos, everything. He says "It's not about you".

...okay.

There's only one reason why he wants to put this random emo girl on the cover. He wants to bang her behind his girlfriends back. I know this for a fact.

My girl said she's not going to quit over a cover but she also refuses to agree to it. If they want to do it, they're gonna have to do it themselves.

I was planning on buying a bunch of them and giving them to my friends and family but if they do that, I'll probably only buy one for myself.
                  It would be so stupid to have to explain to people that the girl on the cover is not my girlfriend, she's not in the band, and has nothing to do with the band.

I'm beginning to wonder how many times this guy was dropped on his head as a child.
                  sigpic

Comment

• RegentOne
                    Imperial Advisor

Apparently he was not dropped enough times on his head because this idea is stupid. Your girlfriends concept is way better that the stuff they are coming up with.
                    "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
                    {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
                      Officer
                      • Jan 2009

This guy needs to shut the Fuck up. Personally if I were in your position I'd call him out on that Shit and tell him to shut the Fuck up and play the drums. That's what he know.

I'd love to be like.... Dude shut up you're an ass this is done Fuck off.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
                        Imperial Guard
                        • Nov 2004
                        • DSA Zabka

I know you feel for your girl, Blunt. And these guys sound like d bags. But you got to tread lightly on these issues as trying to solve a girlfriend's problems can backfire on you in ways you never expected. Be supportive of her and help her deal with her issues, but don't try to solve these problems. Also, she has to decide if she wants to stay in this bad with them. This won't be the last time she has to deal with these guys being idiotic.
                        You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• The_Blunt
                          Officer
                          • Jul 2007
                          • DSA Blunt

Originally posted by Zabka
                          I know you feel for your girl, Blunt. And these guys sound like d bags. But you got to tread lightly on these issues as trying to solve a girlfriend's problems can backfire on you in ways you never expected. Be supportive of her and help her deal with her issues, but don't try to solve these problems. Also, she has to decide if she wants to stay in this bad with them. This won't be the last time she has to deal with these guys being idiotic.
                          Yes, I know. I was just about to post how I wish I could tell him to fuck off but it's really not my place. She has to be the one to stand up for herself and I need to provide her with the support and courage to do it. She reminds me of myself when I was I was in my brothers band. I was the most talented person there but I felt unappreciated and like my ideas never mattered. Every practice I left feeling depressed until I finally had to tell them to fuck off.

It's already started to effect our relationship and she doesn't want me bringing it up anymore. I just want her to stick with what she said which is that if they do decide to put some random girl on the cover, she's not going to help them design it.

Honestly, I think they would be just fine if they got a new drummer. This guy doesn't deserve fame, fortune or my girlfriends help.

But you guys did make her feel better about the things that she does, so thanks for that.
                          Last edited by The_Blunt; 02-12-2013, 09:14 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The_Blunt
                            Officer
                            • Jul 2007
                            • DSA Blunt

My girl's EP is now available for download on iTunes (without the cover).
                            It's $3.96 for 4 songs so that's exactly 0.99 cents a song.
                            She put a lot of hard work into it so I'd appreciate anyone willing to drop the less than $4 to support her.
                            Thank you. :)

sigpic

Comment

• Reaper316
                              Honorary DSA
                              • Nov 2009

Blunt, me and you have had our differences gaming but I will support your girl. Not for spite but because we at DSA are a brotherhood! I hope you can respect that and realize what I'm saying.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The_Blunt
                                Officer
                                • Jul 2007
                                • DSA Blunt

Originally posted by Reaper316
                                Blunt, me and you have had our differences gaming but I will support your girl. Not for spite but because we at DSA are a brotherhood! I hope you can respect that and realize what I'm saying.
                                Thanks, Reaper. I appreciate it.

I'm actually just an asshole in a very joking way to pretty much everyone that I game with but I always mean well.
                                For instance, Solo receives the brunt of insults but we've hung out IRL 3 times and had a hell of a lot of fun as illustrated in this picture:

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎