Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1gibson
    Stormtrooper
    • Jan 2009

Working out is something I've thought about but with me knocking on 50 yrs old its more about flex ability. I'm a golfer very serious golfer, I hit almost everyday at least 400 plus balls a wk plus
    playing 3 to 4 18 holes a wk.
    I'm a very active person with grand-kids taking care of a home plus my mother place (lots of ground) and working, so making time is a problem but if I did anything I would like to work on
    my core and forearm strength.
    I get my cardio from SEX I'm like the energizer bunny ! going and going and going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
    sigpic
    "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
    "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• hecx2370
      Civilian
      • May 2012

The hardest part is finding out what is best for you. Genetics does play a role, but so does a sedentary lifestyle or job, which most of us have. There is just SO MUCH information out there.

Comment

• AmrcnZeR0
        Civilian
        • May 2012
        • AmrcnZeR0

KG: going and going or coming and coming

Comment

• JDEZ09
          Honorary DSA
          • Jul 2009

Lmao this is a good thread.

For me, diet is my main issue, my weight is fine, but my habits needed change. So i started juicing fruit and vegetables to get my morning energy. Also for after excersize.

For excersize i mainly play sports. Texas is hot, so it really drains you to get out there. I play basketball mainly. I also have been swimming alot lately. The neighborhood pool is free for me and it has a diving board. So i make swimming a routine.

Swimming is a great all around excersize, i get like 30 dives in each time i go. The whole process of diving and coming back to the surface repeatedly is a great way to work out alot of things at once.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• JDEZ09
            Honorary DSA
            • Jul 2009

For ab training, one thing thats helped me is crunches, but different forms. I usually do a hundred because theyre shorter than full on situps. 50 with my legs normal. Then the next 25 ill do with my legs lifted halfway 90degrees. Then the last 25 will be with my legs straight up. Still doin crunches the whole time. This works each section. If i hold off on the booze. I might even hit an 8 pack. Nothin special, but chicks dig the crap out of some kinda form in that gut yo!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• Taco_assassin
              Honorary DSA
              • Mar 2006
              • DSA TacO

Mui if you have a smartphone there's an app called Jefit that has literally hundreds of different exercises. You can find them broken down by muscle group too if you want. There's a free version that's excellent if ya don't wanna pay for anything

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
                Officer
                • Jun 2008
                • DSA Solo

For abs cut that body fat and do deadlifts and squats. Throw in some cleans and presses too. But mostly cut that body fat. Most people have decent abs they just have stuff covering it.

I have recently changed my workout regiment to two days of lifting. One is heavy and HARD. Rest for 3-4 days then do a 15-20 minute quick full body workout with lighter weights and work on explosive movements with short rest periods. In between lifting I do sprint training and some hill running. You do not need long slow steady cardio. HIIT training is the shit! Tabata intervals also work well for those short full body days too or even if you are on the road you can get some Tabata bodyweight stuff in in under 10 minutes and still blast fat.

The biggest thing for me however has been diet. I will not post much here except that by following a Paleo diet I have dropped from 180 to 163 in 3 months, lost three pants sizes, and still gained strength and kept lean muscle. It was tough to drop all processed foods and the bread portion of the food pyramid (which is bullshit if you do some research it was all set up by the farming lobby) but honestly my life is better for it. No bloating after eating, no crazy mood swings as I have balanced my insulin levels, and now I burn fat like a madman!!

I am actually now thinking about taking courses to become a personal trainer once I move to VA. I love working out. Cause the best way to recover and rest those muscles is video games!! haha

Comment

• l2ickeh
                  Civilian
                  • Nov 2012
                  • l2ickeh

I've lost 60-65 lbs since December. I have more to go, but when I reach my goal I will have lost around 120 lbs.

I played sports all through school, including rugby at the college level. When I was in college I weighted 225-230 with 7-10% body fat, depending on how much I drank that weekend. Rugby=Work hard, play hard. After I was injured I just didn't care anymore. Didn't watch how I ate, didn't exercise, just plain didn't give two shits and a giggle about myself anymore. Over a period of 7-8 years I went from 225 to 360ish.

I am currently around 290, with a goal of 240. I go to the gym 5 days a week. I do not eat fast food, I do not drink soda or caffeine. I drink roughly a gallon of water a day, if not two. I have a protein/oatmeal (fiber) shake with chocolate almond milk base for breakfast, eat 3-4 times a day, portioned healthy foods. After the gym I have another protein shake (No oatmeal, just whey protein with Chocolate almond milk base).

At the gym, I work a different part of the body each day + 30 minutes cardio and change the routine every 3-4 weeks so my body doesn't get used to it.

Oh, I also jog in the mornings.

Here are a few pics to show my progress. Again, I still have roughly 50 lbs to go, but you can tell the difference.

Before:

After:
                  Last edited by l2ickeh; 07-12-2013, 11:28 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• hecx2370
                    Civilian
                    • May 2012

That is awesome!!! I hope you reach your goal!!!

Comment

• l2ickeh
                      Civilian
                      • Nov 2012
                      • l2ickeh

Originally posted by hecx2370
                      That is awesome!!! I hope you reach your goal!!!
                      Oh, I'm going to. There is no doubt about that.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Light496
                        Stormtrooper

nice Dude!!!!!!. im trying to do the same but its not really working out i tend to be mad lazy some times.
                        sigpic

Comment

• l2ickeh
                          Civilian
                          • Nov 2012
                          • l2ickeh

Well, I have the best motivation. My doc says I'll be on oxygen in 8-10 years and I won't live to see 50. I'm set on proving him wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Light496
                            Stormtrooper

hey we all hope you prove the Doctor wrong. by the way that yellow shirt is mad funny.
                            sigpic

Comment

• l2ickeh
                              Civilian
                              • Nov 2012
                              • l2ickeh

Originally posted by Light496
                              hey we all hope you prove the Doctor wrong. by the way that yellow shirt is mad funny.
                              Haha, thanks. Don't have it anymore. Got too big. Lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

• hecx2370
                                Civilian
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by l2ickeh
                                Haha, thanks. Don't have it anymore. Got too big. Lol.
                                I think Light wants that shirt! I think he wants to sport it in the gym in September. :D

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎