• Show
Clear All
  • JDEZ09
    Honorary DSA
    • Jul 2009

Youre right on that too. All pagan. But thats america for ya

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

It's not my place to say, but I do agree with this:

Question: "What should parents tell their children about Santa Claus?"

Answer: Although Santa Claus is a mythical figure, his creation is based in part on a great Christian man named Saint Nicholas of Myra, who lived in the 4th century. Nicholas was born to Christian parents who left him an inheritance when they died, which he distributed to the poor. He became a priest at a young age and was well-known for his compassion and generosity. He had a reputation for giving gifts anonymously, and he would throw bags of money into people's homes (and sometimes down their chimneys) under the cover of night to avoid being spotted.

Nicholas passed away on December 6 sometime around the 340s or 350s AD, and the day of his death became an annual feast in which children would put out food for Nicholas and straw for his donkey. It was said that the saint would come down from heaven during the night and replace the offerings with toys and treats—but only for the good boys and girls. There are many different versions of the legend of Saint Nicholas, but all are the inspiration for the jolly, red-suited gift-giver that we now know as Santa Claus.

Many Christian parents are torn as to whether or not they should play the "Santa game" with their children. On one hand, he makes Christmas fun and magical, leaving wonderful holiday memories for years to come. On the other hand, the focus of Christmas should be on Jesus Christ and how much He has already given us. So, is the story of Santa Claus an innocent addition to Christmas festivities, or is he a subject that should be avoided?

Parents need to use their own judgment in deciding whether or not to include Santa during the holidays, but here are some things to consider: Children who believe that the gifts they receive Christmas morning are from a magical man with unending resources are less likely to appreciate what they have been given, and the sacrifices their parents make in providing them. Greed and materialism can overshadow the holiday season, which is meant to be about giving, loving, and worshiping God. Children whose parents are on a tight budget may feel that they have been overlooked by Santa, or even worse, deemed one of the "bad" boys or girls.

An even more troubling aspect of telling our children that Santa comes down the chimney each year to leave their gifts is that it is, obviously, a lie. We live in a society that believes that lying for the "right" reason is acceptable. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, it is not a problem. This is contrary to what the Bible tells us. "For the Scriptures say, 'If you want to live a happy life and good days, keep your tongue from speaking evil, and keep your lips from telling lies'" (1 Peter 3:10, NLT). Of course, telling our children that Santa is real is not a malicious deception, but it is, nevertheless, a lie.

Although it is probably not typical, some children honestly feel deceived and betrayed by their parents when they find out that Santa is not real. Children trust their parents to tell them the truth, and it is our responsibility not to break this trust. If we do, they will not believe more important things we tell them, such as the truth about Christ, whom they also cannot physically see.

This doesn’t mean we must leave Santa completely out of Christmas. Children can still play the "Santa game" even if they know it is all pretend. They can make lists, sit on his lap at the mall, and leave out cookies and milk on Christmas Eve. This will not rob them of their joy of the season, and gives parents the opportunity to tell their children about the godly qualities of the real Saint Nicholas, who dedicated his life to serving others and made himself into a living example of Jesus Christ.

When I see all these commercials literally begging for our money, and that they've completely removed Jesus and his love for all of us, and how much he truly wanted us to give without remorse to our fellow man, it really breaks my heart.

Now it's all about "Santa", a magical elf that lives on the south pole with legions of elves to create his toy building empire, and that the TV tells us we're shitty parents if we can't give them what they want. If that you don't spend...spend..spend. Then you're just a horrible human being, and a shitty parent. And a bad friend.

You didn't spend enough.

As I said before, give the best gift of all.

Your time and love.

No material gift could ever in a million years replace that.

The toys will be broken. Your gifts returned.

But the real gift of your time and love for them will NEVER be forgotten. And you will build memories that they will remember forever.

Give your loved ones your time. That is really the most special gift of all, and can NEVER be replaced.

My wife told me that she'd give up all the "presents" she'd recieved in the last ten years if she could just talk to her mother, and give her a hug, and show her how much she loved her.

God bless you all, and take care.

Des.

Don't beileve the cake. The cake IS a lie. ;)
      Stop following Wall Street, and follow your heart.
      Then Christmas will be true again.

It's about kindness, not gifts without meaning.

Love means giving to others. Your time. Your concern.
      Now that is truly precious.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
        Darth Beratter

May God bless you alll for your kind words, and kindness for us all.

May you all have a truly happy time with your loved ones filled with loving memories with your loved ones.

That it's not about gifts, but rather the thought behind them that truly counts.

May God bless you all in these troubling times, and know that our hearts are with you.

Life is not kind, but kindness is our mandate. Due to RaTix, our Clan leader.

We stand above, because he does.

May God stand with you all, as proudly as I stand with you all.

Have a happy and good time. You are DSA, and you deserve it.

I'm proud beyond words to stand by your side.

The Empire IS strong here, because you are all here.

We all stand fast, because you do also.

I truly thank you all for your combined works.

We all stand above, because you do.

And I thank you all for it.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
          Darth Beratter

Please know that you are loved.

Life is not kind. It can destroy you and ruin you if you let it.

But it doesn't have to be that way.

God is merciful in his own way that we don't, or cannot see. We only see the "here and now", and that blinds us to our future, and can cause us to hate, or become bitter, and filled with hate.

But that is not the way with Jesus.

We lost our child, but rather than be filled with anger, I would rather ask you all to hold and give kisses to yours that you have, and have been blessed with.

Please remember that Christmas is NOT about gifts that fellow man has gifted you, but rather the true gifts God has granted you.

Hold your family close and tight, and really share the love of this season.

Please don't mind the TV and what it says to you.
          Everything it says to you is lies, and then some.

You are brave, proud, and DSA.

And know that we truly love you.

Take care, God bless you all, and know that you're in our hearts and prayers.

I cannot say anything more than that.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

[youtube]ZcPMbgsxnGs[/youtube.com]

The true meaning because all of this.

It's about love. NOT gifts. The gifts you have, Are already amongst you.
            Last edited by Deslock; 12-24-2013, 03:38 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
              Darth Beratter

The true meaning because all of this.

It's about love. NOT gifts. The gifts you have, Are already amongst you.
              Last edited by Deslock; 01-02-2014, 02:52 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                Darth Beratter

Count your blessings. Be kind

And don't be afraid to be generous.

When I look at the sweet smiles DSA Wiggles gives at me, I can only think of love. And that it doesn't have a price.

I had to work this last Thanksgiving, against my will, and I had a woman wearing a "Christian" T-Shirt saying : "God loves me.", as she tells me me "I can't believe this store "peon" is keeping me from what I want ". And she honestly meant it.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎