X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mighty-Mav
    Civilian
    • Aug 2006

online time outs

I was trying to configure my net settings to work on my roomies PS2, which i have done succesfully in the past, when the connection test T/O'ed. Trying not to get discouraged i powered everything down and tried again. Still got the big T/O. Had to erase my previous setting, only to reconfigure back to the same settings on my PS2. Which worked fine. No solution yet but im still troubleshooting the matter. Ill let you know what I come up with.
    sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

spock,

you also need to assign a static IP address in the network connection setup for the PS2. That same address should be what you are forwarding ports to and have setup in your router to assign that IP addy to the PS2's specific MAC address.

Comp, in my old router, I could use DHCP to get online, but that older router had different firewalls. It is possible that he has the same model router, but a different version. Most modern routers will give your ps2 a problem with connecting unless you assign a static IP address to the console. The portforwarding shouldn't be for connecting--it will be necessary for playing.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

Sopock I finally saw this thread!

I have the same router as you. I can give you a couple of tings to try. If you can't figure it out I'll give you my nuber and we can compare settingsThings to try:

Connect your PS2 into your cable modem and see if it connects. Use the same 40 ft cord.

If this works it is not a cord or a PS2 problem.

Next reset your router back to factory settings. After doing this reset up the router. You have to use the MAC address from the computer that was first connected to your modem. Clone this one. Set your router to AutoConfig - DHCP. Your DHCP server should be set to Enable. DDNS should be disabled. Make sure that under Advanced Routing your router is set as your gateway. For wireless I would make sure you use WEP to secure it. That's just the paranoid part in me that says that.

That's all I have for now. I hope that helps.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎