X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Master_Ian
    Civilian
    • Apr 2006

I'm still a civillain with no access to some of the forums i used to have access too. I.E. Imperial Transmissions.
    One shot, One kill.

Comment

• norm
      Imperial Guard
      • Jun 2006
      • DSA norm

log out and try it again Ian. should work now

Comment

• RaTix
        Emperor

Ian, you should be able to access everything fine now. Send me a PM if you can not, with details of what you can't access so I can route out the problem if it still exists.

anyone that is experiencing permission and access errors, please PM me directly as I am the only one who should be fixing these.
        "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Gino
          Civilian
          • Mar 2007
          • Gino31B

Back to the login problems. Everytime I use the shout box it logs me out. Sometimes when I'm going into different threads it logs me out also
          sigpic

Comment

• Master_Ian
            Civilian
            • Apr 2006

Everything is working fine now. At first my login was saved under my favorites as http://dsa.ctrlfreak.net/index.php shows how long I've been around.
            One shot, One kill.

Comment

• sig
              Civilian
              • Jun 2006

re

What are we doing with the feedback? Mine says unknown? LOL. Minor i know, just wondering.

Comment

• AndyPants
                Civilian
                • Oct 2004
                • Pants9000

Your reputation isn't unknown. If you read it carefully, it says you are an "unknown quantity".

I believe rep/feedback is the same as before, but now we get little snippets of witticism to bring our feedback to life. :grin:

Comment

• Gino
                  Civilian
                  • Mar 2007
                  • Gino31B

The leaderbords screen does show-up now, but the only leaderboard that shows up is the darksidealliance server. When I click on the other tabs it has an error. You guys may still be working on it still however.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Rdaug27
                    Civilian
                    • Jun 2006

Can't get onto the site. I thought it was our IT blocking, but I am able to get on, just not to the main page. Geno is having the same problem. I can get there when I go through a proxy server, but just typing www.darksidealliance.com results in nothing. Also when I am on the site, not on the proxy server, I can't get to this thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                      Emperor

There was an error with one of the modules on the main page causing problems. This has been corrected partly, as in the main page should now load. I will be continuing to work on the faulty module to get that working.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
                      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Rdaug27
                        Civilian
                        • Jun 2006

I can't find the other post to report errors on the site so I will post here. Actually its not an error, but really some posts that the images don't show up for. The ones I'm only concerned about really are like the maps and stuff for the SWBF division. I look at those posts frequently to get a CP#, or come up with strategies. Is there any way those can be fixed?

Thank you in advance.
                        sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                          Emperor

I didn't realize the links were broken for the images. I will take a look and see what can be done.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• AndyPants
                            Civilian
                            • Oct 2004
                            • Pants9000

I have also noticed that images are not showing up. It's not really a broken link thing as it is intermittent. I noticed it during the banner contest. The banners would not always show up. I looked at the source for the page and it was all commented out html style like
                            Code:
                            <!--       -->
                            Thanks for bringing this up Rdaug, I saw it but forgot to post about it or bring it up to Ratix.

Comment

• RaTix
                              Emperor

No, the problem with images in the Tac&Strat forums is because of broken links. The images directory had to be moved from the old site and also the links don't have the complete URL as it wasn't needed on the old forums. So if any admin wants to take the time to fix it, go right ahead please. The posts have to be edited to include http://www.darksidealliance.com into the begining of the tags.

Pants, I'm not sure which image error you are referring to, if you could elaborate a little more on it please.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• AndyPants
                                Civilian
                                • Oct 2004
                                • Pants9000

Not to deepen the mystery or anything but, I didn't notice any problem in the tactics and strats forum. I did note some of the posts were edited today and some not, but in all my looking there wasn't a single image that did not load (although some took some time there was still a big empty space waiting to be filled).

Ratix, as for the images not showing, here is some "elaborative" code (which is edited to display where links would be if they would show ):

What is in the post:
                                Code:
                                Well here it is, The long awaited VOTE for the NEW DSA BANNER!!
                                Since there was only 5 banners submitted, we will go straight to the open vote. All Civilians, Recruits and Officers of the DSA can cast thier votes for one of the Banners below. 

[B]Voting will close at 11:59PM EST on July 4th[/B]

Banner Entry #1
                                --image link here--[IMG]http://www.darksidealliance.com/images/bannercontest/01.png[/IMG]

Banner Entry #2
                                --image link here--[IMG]http://www.darksidealliance.com/images/bannercontest/02.png[/IMG]

Banner Entry #3
                                --image link here--[IMG]http://www.darksidealliance.com/images/bannercontest/03.jpg[/IMG]

Banner Entry #4
                                --image link here--[IMG]http://www.darksidealliance.com/images/bannercontest/04.png[/IMG]

Banner Entry #5
                                --image link here--[IMG]http://www.darksidealliance.com/images/bannercontest/05.jpg[/IMG]

--image link here--[IMG]http://www.trippingcow.com/dsabanner.gif[/IMG]
                                [I]Thanks to tj2k7 for image[/I]

Thank you to everyone that submitted their work and Good Luck.
                                What I recive as source:
                                Code:
                                <!-- message -->
                                		<div id="post_message_111927">Well here it is, The long awaited VOTE for the NEW DSA BANNER!!<br />
                                Since there was only 5 banners submitted, we will go straight to the open vote. All Civilians, Recruits and Officers of the DSA can cast thier votes for one of the Banners below. <br />
                                <br />
                                <b>Voting will close at 11:59PM EST on July 4th</b><br />
                                <br />
                                Banner Entry #1<br />
                                <!--                                                                                    --><br />
                                <br />

Banner Entry #2<br />
                                <!--                                                                                    --><br />
                                <br />
                                Banner Entry #3<br />
                                <br />
                                Banner Entry #4<br />
                                <br />
                                Banner Entry #5<br />
                                <br />
                                <br />

<br />
                                <!--                                                                 --><br />
                                <i>Thanks to tj2k7 for image</i><br />
                                <br />
                                Thank you to everyone that submitted their work and Good Luck.</div>
                                		<!-- / message -->
                                Note the commented out sections in the source code (which has not been edited, only the post as the bb tags would try and parse so I had to exclude them). I have no other issues seeing bbCode or html imgs lately.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎